Returning

Leo's POV

It's been nearly 3 hours since we have left the lair and to say I was worried was an understatement. Turns out Casey was in more trouble than we thought and we had to spend ages running around and fighting off foot bots. After a while we finally found a safe place to hide and, to my bother's and my own disappointment, had to wait them out. My mind kept racing back to what could be happening in the lair.

What if Raph smashed down the door and gotten her?

What if he is interrogating her? No! We only did that once and we promised never to do that again.

I looked at my two brothers and notice that they were less than comfortable as well. We need to get back, and soon.

"I think we lost them this time," Casey whispered, snapping us all out of our daze. I peaked around the corned and surveyed our surroundings. The coast was clear. Finally. "Thanks for the help guys, who knew that spying on the foot clan could have ended so badly?" Casey shrugged.

"Everyone!" Donnie exclaimed as he stood up and began making his way to the roofs. "You should know better Casey,"

I nodded and jumped up on the roof, following Donnie's lead. We have to get back.

"Later dude," Mikey quickly said, before finally joining us. We gave each other a knowing look before turning and running. Each jump over a building gap took us closer and closer to the lair. With one thing on all our minds, it was safe to say we were not going to waste anymore time.

Time skip

We ran down the sewer tunnels towards the lair. As we got closer, the yelling voice of my brother in red came into ear shot.

"Get back up!"

"Fight like you mean it!"

"You faker!"

We were too late. Donnie's face looked alarmed, Mikey's terrified, and mine hardened. We saw the familiar glow of the lair coming up and we soon made it to the turnstiles, quickly leaping over them and into action. Mikey leaped onto Raph, catching him off guard and pulling him to the ground. Donnie leaped over the couches and ran over to (y/n), picking her up in one swift movement before running to my side to keep her safe. This all happened in less than 5 seconds, so it was safe to say that both of them were completely shocked.

It took a second before they even realised what had just happened. "Are you serious!" Raph screamed as he punched Mikey off from on top of him, leaving my orange clad brother down. "What the shell is you guys' problem?!"

I saw Donnie's grip on (y/n) tighten as the now infuriated Raph stormed over to us.

"What do you mean what is our problem?! I thought I told you to stay away from (y/n)! What do you call this?" I yelled back, getting into a more reliable stance just in case.

"I call this-" He flailed his arms around to the couches and the TV before throwing them down to his side "Pizza and TV!"

"We heard you screaming at (y/n)!" Mikey retaliated, as he jumped back up to his feet.

"I wasn't screaming at (y/n) you idiots!"

"We heard everything Raph! This is unbelievable, you really think-"

"Stop it! Enough!"

(y/n)'s sudden shout shut us all up. She looked at Donnie and wiggled out of his tightened grip, now standing up and looking at us she continued.

"He wasn't yelling at me, we really were just watching TV," She watched the four of us. A look desperation pleading in her eyes. Everyone stared at her as she spoke. The look she had on her face pulled on my heart strings. "Wrestling came on and we decided to watch it. He was yelling at the TV," She stared at us with longing looks, hoping we would believe her. She put her head down and sighed.

I glanced up towards the TV and saw that wrestling was in fact on. Mikey and Donnie looked at me before looking towards Raph then finally at (y/n).

"S-sorry (y/n), I didn't mean to startle you when I grabbed you from the couch," Donnie was the first to speak, it was quiet but was heard. Her head came back up and gave a soft smile at him.

"Yeah, sorry Duddette, Oh and Raph too. Sorta just tackled you back there," Mikey gave out a laugh while going to pat Raph on his shoulder. Raph quickly grabbed Mikey's hand and flipped him over. Safe to say he was still mad.

I looked to (y/n) and saw her with a smile, looking towards the fallen orange turtle.

"Sorry about this all (y/n), we really did just want to protect you," Her focus went back to me and her smile never faded.

"It's okay. It's sweet of you guys to look out for me, but I should probably go. Plus I feel like you guys should talk this whole thing out. I seem to cause a lot of tension around here," Her voice was soft and seemed distant.

She walked over to Donnie's lab and grabbed her bag before walking over to the exit.

"Wait, did you want one of us to walk you back?" I asked, hoping she would say yes.

"No, no. It's okay. I think I can handle a little walk," She waved her hand out in front of her.

She gave one more soft smile before saying goodbye and walking through the turnstiles, out of our sight.

Everyone seemed to let out a sigh and let their shoulders drop.

"Welp, I think we just blew it,"

Your POV

I don't know what to do. They seem nice enough but they all seem on edge. Should I go back there? I might be breaking up their relationship towards one another. The last thing I want is to break up a family.

I walked out and up the ladder, re-emerging into one of the cities many alleyways. I continued my stroll and soon made it back to my apartment building. Still lost in thought, I walked past Tony.

"Woah! (y/n), are you okay?" He asked, I quickly shook off my thought and turned to him with whatever smile I could conjure up.

"Yeah, just a long day,"

"If you want, we can talk about it? I have the time to listen after all, barely anyone comes in that needs assistance," He was honestly the purest person I had met in a while. Apart from Leo that is, but...Leo seems to have another side, they all do.

"That's okay, but thanks Tony, I'll keep that in mind for next time,"

He smiled and nodded as I kept walking to the elevator and rode it up to my floor, soon making it to my room. I chucked me keys and bag down and made my way to my bed where I flopped down and sighed.

What am I suppose to do?