To text or not to text P.2

Mikey's POV

What should I say?

I placed my phone on the table and stared at it, slowly sinking into my chair further. Do I answer right away? Oh wait, she sent that a bit ago. So it's not weird if I answer now.

I rubbed my hands over my face, starting to feel the pressure build up. Is this what Leo feels all the time? Nah...this is probably much worse.

I snatched my phone up again and clicked on the text box. Maybe I should just go with the flow, see what happens?

I began typing.

'Hey dudette'

Fantastic so far, I can do this

'We're sorry about last night too'

Maybe this should be something I can explain to her in person. It would be easier aaannndd I would be able to spend more time with her.

'If you want, we can meet up and I can explain it better'

Its not terrible, now I just have to see if she takes it!

Your POV

Mikey: Hey dudette! We're sorry about last night too. If you want, we can meet up and I can explain it better

He...wants to meet up? I don't know if I want to see them again so soon. What if they get protective again?

Me: would it be just you?

Mikey: yup

Okay, so that's not so bad, plus he was the least freaked out one out of all of them. Maybe it won't be so bad. Plus, I guess it will help me get a better understanding of them, maybe even figure everything out. Best case scenario though.

Me: I guess that's okay. Where do you want to meet?

He can't come during the day, people might see him. I have time to prepare myself. Physically and emotionally.

Mikey: We can meet at Murikami's if you want?

I guess that's okay. It's not too far away from mine and they do have nice food.

Me: What time?

Mikey: My brothers and I do our nightly patrol around 8:00pm, I can sneak away during that time and meet with you.

Me: 8:30pm then, gives you time to get there. Cya then

Mikey: Cya later dudette!

So I guess I'm seeing him tonight. This better not backfire. What if something goes wrong? Or we are caught?

No! Can't think like that. Plus, it's not like we are doing anything wrong. We are just meeting up so he can talk about what happened. Everything is going to be fine.

Time skip to 7:00pm

Time flew by today faster than it ever had before. I slowly walked over to the wardrobe and pulled out some clothing.

Jeans and a long sleeved button up sound good to me.

After I got dressed and procrastinated for a bit it was finally time to leave

"It's 8:00pm now so if I leave now I should make it with 10 minutes to spare, you got this,"

After my little prep talk, I grabbed the keys, wallet and my phone and made my way down into the lobby.

"Good evening (y/n)! You look nice. Plans for tonight?"
Tony was sitting at the front desk wearing his usual charming smile.

"Evening Tony. Yeah actually. A friend of mine wants to meet up,"

"Stay safe out there!" He called as I walked out of the building and onto the foot paths, leading me to my destination.

My mind began to wonder about how this was going to go down. I kept assuring myself that nothing will go wrong. Mikey isn't scary, just like a excited kid.

Deep breaths (y/n)

I soon made it to Murikami's and looked at the door.

Am I meeting him outside or should I go in?

A strong gust of wind came and blew cold air onto me, sending shivers down my spine.

Inside it is.

Walking in, Murkiami greeted me with a warm and welcoming smile.

"Welcome back!"

"Hey Mr. Murikami," I greeted back before taking my seat on one of the counter stools.

"How are you settling in?"

He remember me? How can he even tell who I am. Isn't he blind?

"Yeah it's been okay. I already have a couple of friends,"

"Ahh," he seemed to give me a knowing smile as he turned around to continued to stir a pot.
"Can I get you anything?"

"I'm okay for now, thanks. Just waiting on someone to arrive,"

He grinned and nodded before going back to work, humming a soft tune.

It had been five minutes and no Mikey. I glanced at my phone and saw that it was already 8:45pm. Is he not showing up? Maybe he was caught? Or maybe he changed his mind about meeting me.

Another 10 minutes passed and he still didn't arrive. I put my phone back into my pocket and let out a sigh.

"I appears your friend hasn't arrived,"

You let out a half sigh half laugh. "Yeah, appears so. Sorry for loitering here for so long,"

"Nonsense, company is always welcome," he gave me a smile then placed a takeaway container on the counter,
"Being stood up can be very sad, here. It's on the house,"

"Oh, I couldn't possibly-"

"It's no worries, take care okay?"

I slowly grabbed the box and held it tight.

"I will. Thank you so much,"

He waved as I slowly exited the shop.
I grabbed my phone and checked the time.

9:05pm.
Thanks Mikey.

I let out another sigh and began my walk home. The sun had gone down a long time ago and the street lights were the only thing illuminating my path.

I had only been waking for a minute, when I heard something come from above.

"Psssst,"

I stopped walking and spun around to see where the noise was coming from.

"Pssst, up here,"

There is was again.
I slowly looked up toward the roof of a building. There was a figure crouching on the edge of the roof, staring straight at me.

I let out a quiet gasp and took a step back.

"(Y/n), it's okay. It's just me!"
The figure quickly spoke.

"Mikey?"