xxiv → moonlight sonata.

*i'll be writing in mostly lower case now (just bc it's easier) i hope you don't mind :/

~

*edited*

𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓸𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷, '𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝔂𝓸𝓾  𝓬𝓪𝓷  𝓷𝓸 𝓵𝓸𝓷𝓰𝓮𝓻 𝓹𝓻𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓭 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓪𝓷𝓮.

✰✰✰

FINN'S POV

✰✰✰

THE EVENING IS COLDER THAN WE EXPECT IT TO BE. and although we thought we came prepared, we obviously didn't. from what i can tell, y/n is doing okay, but sometimes i see her lost in a gaze and i can't help but wonder if what she's thinking about is good or bad. but i don't ask her, no. i know better.

we end up meeting a man who is 60-years-old-or-so dressed in plaid and corduroy. he invites us to stay at his hotel, because it is apparently 'the best one' in town. i guess it doesn't hit us then that it's the only one in town. when we try and tell him that we wouldn't like to spend money on this town yet, he insists that we stay for free, "you all look like you needed a little help," he replies when we ask him why he is being so generous, "i'll even help you take your luggage for you."

"uhm, we don't have any." y/n mentions, confused, because it is obvious that we come with only ourselves.

"exactly my point, young lady!" he lets out a raspy laugh that leads me to believe he is a smoker (or at least used to be), and leads us through the front doors of his hotel.

"ladies first," he mentions to y/n, and she hesitantly walks in. i speed up to walk alongside her.

"looks like i have some competition with mr. shady-'five-star-hotel'-owner over here," i say sarcastically and quietly into her ear. she laughs at my remark, and i am satisfied that i can still make her smile even though we are literally in the middle of nowhere. 

"i'm starting to dislike this town," she says.

"i think i speak for everyone when we say we would rather be anywhere else but here."  

"i don't know about anywhere, but yeah." she sneaks in before the man shows us our room, "do you know the wifi password?" y/n asks the man and he gives her a look.

"wifi?" he questions, "we don't have that, whatever that is, but we have complimentary drinks in the lobby." he answers. 

"it's an old person thing, probably." i whisper to her.

"yeah, or this town is actually living under a rock." she whispers back.

"unfortunately, there are only two double sized beds," the man starts, "but there is a beautiful pull-out couch that i'm sure one of you will love to sleep on- very comfy," he laughs, "unless you would like to share the beds with one another." he smirks at me. 

"i'm sure we'll figure it out, thanks." y/n says impatiently from inside the room, "you have a name or...?"

"oh yes, yes," the man replies, "call me liam," there is a long pause following the announcement of his name, and i'm not sure why. but, nick decides to break it.