xxix → fork in the road.

𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖘𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝖎 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖆 𝖑𝖎𝖙𝖙𝖑𝖊 𝖌𝖎𝖗𝖑 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖆𝖒𝖆 𝖆𝖑𝖜𝖆𝖞𝖘 𝖙𝖔𝖑𝖉 𝖒𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊'𝖉 𝖇𝖊 𝖇𝖔𝖞𝖘 𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖞𝖔𝖚

Y/N'S POV

✰✰✰

"WE'RE NOT GOING TO HURT YOU, WE JUST NEED TO TAKE YOU BACK TO WHERE YOU BELONG," one of the officers says to me, still outside the car, "now, please open the car door." 

where i belong? what do they know about 'where i belong'?

neither of us give a reply, "miss? can you hear me?" he attempts, "you, need, to, unlock, the, car." he annunciates, this time louder than before.

i speak up, "d- do you know who i am?" i stutter.

"why, you're y/n y/l/n. your mother is worried sick about you. now c'mon, open the door." the taller officer says, obviously trying to be polite. 

"oh, please! give me a break. she doesn't care about me, you've got it all wrong, sir." i answer.

the officer looks at finn, "he's your brother?"

finn chuckles, "i can assure you, i am not her brother."

"then who are you?"

"he's my boyfriend. i don't have any other siblings." i answer politely.

"your boyfriend, eh? your mom know about him?" the shorter officer says, writing something down.

"does that matter? she was oblivious to the fact that i've been away from home for at least a couple weeks. so i don't think he'll matter to her."

"look kid, we're just trying to protect you-"

"protect me?" i snap.

"we're-" the officer tries to say.

"if you're trying to protect me then you'll leave me be!"

the officer sighs and rubs his forehead, "please, just open the door. you can't stay in there forever."

"yes i can." 

"no. you can't," he protests, "the car will get hotter and hotter, and you will get weaker and weaker until both of you go unconscious. now, please all i'm asking of you is to open the car door!"

"well, i can't!" i say.

"why not?" the tall officer ponders.

"i don't have the keys, the alarm will go off if i try and unlock the doors."

finn tries not to laugh, and accidentally lets out a chuckle.

"you think this is real hilarious, don't you?" the officer says to finn.

finn laughs, "i'm sorry, this is just really funny."

the officer comes close up to the window, "it won't be funny once i put you in custody for not listening to us," he whispers and finn zips up, "who's driving this car anyway?"