xxvi → van-coo-ver.

𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗𝖊'𝖘 𝖓𝖔 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖙𝖔 𝖇𝖑𝖆𝖒𝖊, 𝖎 𝖗𝖊𝖋𝖚𝖘𝖊 𝖙𝖔 𝖆𝖈𝖈𝖊𝖕𝖙 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖒𝖞 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖐 𝖎𝖘 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖎𝖓 𝖛𝖆𝖎𝖓.

FINN'S POV

✰✰✰

WHEN WE FINALLY DECIDE TO LEAVE THE MESS OF A HOTEL, we come face to face with exactly the people we don't want to see. 

"oh lookie, it's the beauty and the beast." the same snarky blonde one says.

"oh, please," y/n fires, "my hair-straightener is hotter than you. and yunno what?"

she stares at her still confident, "what?"

"i'd bet 90% of your beauty can be removed by a kleenex anyway. you-"

i step in and grab y/n by the shoulders, "don't do something you'll regret." i whisper loudly enough for her to hear. i let go because i'm not in charge of her or something, "why are you guys bothering us anyway?"

"we're not trying to bother you, just her." the curly one says.

"well stop it already." i reply.

"we didn't mean to hurt her wittle, insignificant fweelings!" she says in a baby voice.

i laugh, "okay, but i'll hurt your's if you don't cut it out." i give her a smirk. the group scoffs and most of them walk away, leaving the same brunette girl that was actually not that rude. 

"sorry," she says, "i don't know why i hang with them anymore, they're a big ol' waste of time to be honest."

"it's okay," y/n answers, "i've been where you are before. what's your name?"

"adelaide-- but you can call me addy for short. what are your names? you've probably said but i've probably forgotten."

"that's finn, i'm y/n," y/n smiles at addy, "were you born here?"

"no. uh, can i tell you guys something?"

"sure." we say in unison.

addy looks uneasy, "okay, but can we go somewhere where people aren't listening?"

we nod and she leads us to the back of an abandoned building and takes a deep breath, "my name isn't adelaide. it's liam. i'm 19 and i'm from utah. when i found out you guys were from vancouver, oh my god-- you have no idea how happy i was to hear that there's someone here that isn't from this hellhole." she rants quickly.

"how did you end up here?" i ask curiously.

"yeah, and why did you tell us your name is addy?" y/n adds on excitedly.

"when i was 10, my parents pleaded guilty to being in association of a terrorist attack, and i was sent here to protect my identity from, well... the world. if people knew who i was, they would try and kill me, the police said."

"oh, my god." i hear y/n whisper.

"w-why are you guys here?" liam asks in a sweet tone.