xxviii → 2011

𝖒𝖆𝖓, 𝖎 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖔𝖎𝖈𝖊, 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖆 𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊, 𝖓𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖗 𝖍𝖆𝖉 𝖆 𝖛𝖔𝖎𝖈𝖊.

FINN'S POV

✰✰✰

"THIS IS IT." LIAM SUDDENLY SAYS FROM THE FRONT SEAT, DRIVING CLOSER AND CLOSER TO THE HIGHWAY BORDER.

"so, like, what happens if they don't let us in?" y/n asks.

"well, they might arrest us," liam answers, "or they might hold us in custody."

"aren't those basically the same things?" i mention.

"yep," liam responds, "now shush, don't say anything and let me do the talking."

a tall brunette stands beside the car, and greets us, "where're you guys coming from today?"

"we're down from idaho." liam speaks in a way which is completely unlike her; sweet and nice.

"what were you doing there?"

"visiting our mom, janet. our dad lives in vancouver and we're heading back." she smiles.

"so these are your siblings? may i ask how old?"

why is she asking so many questions?  i think. 

liam points to the back, "those kiddos are both 16," she points to nick, "he's 19 and so am i."

"fraternal twins." nick interrupts, and liam gives him a glare.

"alright, you can go on your way. drive safely." the officer half-smiles at me. without hesitation, liam hightails it and continues to the highway.

"welcome to the true north, kiddos." liam laughs, noticing how scared we were by her driving.

=TIME SKIP=

"you don't think my mom will mind if i ran away do you?" y/n subtly asks.

"well, that depends on why." i answer.

"it's okay, i don't plan on going back there anyway," a few minutes later, she unlocks her phone and checks the headlines, "isn't this fucking splendid."

"what? what is it?" i ask, starting to panic.

"amber alert," she reads, "for your's truly!"

"they just can't leave you alone, can they?" liam says.

"i guess not." y/n scoffs. 

the thing with her is that for 90% of the time, she doesn't act how she feels. for example, when she's happy, she might not really show it. and now especially, she is anything but annoyed. the truth is, she's worried-- even scared, maybe. to her, it is better not to let people know how you feel, or else they might feed off of that. i feel the same way.

when nobody is looking, i unbuckle my seatbelt and scooch over to be almost glued to her, "do you think this was a good idea?" i whisper and she turns her head to face me. we are just inches away.

"my answer will depend on what a 'good idea' is," she says, "was this the best idea? probably not. did we have time to think of another one? no. but was this for the best? absolutely. what's important to me is that we've been able to meet all of these people, and most of them were some of the best we've ever met. they helped us, finn. it's quite rare to find people who will literally drop everything to help you. they all have one thing in common- they would rather risk themselves if it meant that we would get where we needed to go."