I've Waited So Long Just to Come Hold You

18. Bailey

I've Waited So Long Just To Come Hold You

I woke up with a heavy weight restraining me. A heavy weight that was warm had been snoring in my ear. What the fuck? I wiggled around and found myself face to face with a very asleep Zack. I tried to get myself free but he was holding tight. I turned and laid back letting myself fall asleep for another hour or so. This time when I woke up, he was on his back with his one arm underneath his head. The blankets were off of him, but I was still completely covered, and his arm was holding me into his side. I looked up at him and he had stopped snoring, but was still passed out.

Before I could take in the moment just a little longer and have this piece of time in my memory his phone started going off.

Not that he cared. He didn't even flinch in his sleep – nothing.

I shoved at him but he just pulled me into him, rolling us over away from the noise.

"No... Zack your phone! Your phone is ringing! It's annoying!"

"Fuck them." He muttered burying his head into the back of my neck, instantly going right back into sleep.

"Zack..." I said trying to wiggle out of his arms. "I'm going to answer your phone."

He sighed and let go of me, letting me get to his phone. I answered it right as they about hung up, it was Johnny.

"Why are you answering Zack's phone, if I wanted to talk to you I would've called you."

"Fuck you too." I snorted. "You know, you should try being nice."

"Sorry, I'm just.. not used to this yet. I'm trying. I'm sorry." He sighed. "Where are you two?"

"At a hotel... we had to stop for the night."

It went silent on the other end of the phone. I waited for a few seconds, not really caring if he hung up or not. I was tired and without coffee, I was not one to be fucked with.

"Well, how many more hours do you have to go?" He asked.

"Eight. Give us about an hour to get up and motivated and we'll be on our way." I said looking back and Zack who had rolled over and started snoring again. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed, hoping Johnny wouldn't hear him so close to me. Not that it mattered.

"Alright. So you'll leave by 10 am and you'll be here around 6 or 7." Johnny said.