I'm Hanging By a Moment With You

21. Zack

I'm Hanging By a Moment With You

-She always wanted to see the ocean, meet me at the beach. I'll have my jeep, you'll see me.- Sent to Brian

-okiedokie, shortcake and studmuffin on the move. Drop off at about 11:30. Out.- Brian

I rolled my eyes, I loved Brian but he was ridiculous sometimes. I got my jeep, something I liked a bit more now that I've lived in Wyoming for that very short stint – it kind of reminds me of there. Bailey mentioned her dad had a jeep and that she's always wanted one, but hauls too much for it to be practical.

Children of Bodom flowed through my speakers as I drove to the beach, parking my jeep halfway up to the water before getting out a blanket I had and a few snacks and sandwiches because I had told Brian to take her to breakfast. I heard brian's car pull up but I didn't look back I just stayed leaning on the front of my jeep watching the water.

"Hey." She smiled giving me a hug. "Brian said he was too busy to visit but said hi."

I chuckled, he wasn't busy he was just leaving us alone. I'm surprised he didn't insist on coming and being the third wheel – he has had no problem in the past with doing that.

"I was gonna take you to a restaurant but you had said you'd never seen the ocean." He smiled. "It's a beautiful day, I figured..."

"Thank you, it's beautiful." She said watching the waves crash. She looked at me, then the water then at her feet before taking off her boots and running towards the water. I laughed as she ran into the water and twirled around, reaching down to grab the water and throw it into the air. "This is amazing!"

I walked down to the edge of the water, not really wanting to get wet. You ever walk in wet denim? Ever walk in wet skinny jeans made out of denim?

"Be careful." I said pointing to some of the bigger waves. "You don't want them to knock you down and drag you out... you don't wanna get caught in a riptide."

"This is amazing." She said going in up to her knees in the water. "Thanks for this."

"You're gonna hate me by the time you get back to the jeep. You've never dealt with sand, it's about as bad as glitter." I laughed as she came back to sit on the blanket.

"California isn't what I expected." She said. "Brian took me out for breakfast and ... I didn't see much of LA but it's definitely not what I expected."

"Do you like it?" I asked showing her the snacks, water and small sandwiches I had packed.