I'm Standing Here Until You Make Me Move

23. Bailey

I'm Standing Here Until You Make Me Move

We were sitting at the top of some hill somewhere on a blanket overlooking the city. The. Whole. City. Have you ever seen a picture of the city at night with all the lights that look almost like stars because there's so many? It was like I was watching a movie, it was so unreal.

"You look cold." He said shrugging off his jacket to drape it over my shoulders. It was 68 maybe 70 degrees, I was not cold... but I guess to Californians this is cold, so I brought the jacket closer to me and smiled a thank you at him.

"This is beautiful, Zack thank you." I said leaning into his shoulder. His arm instinctively went around me and pulled me closer to him. He kissed the side of my head and then looked back at the city below us. "I like this part of LA."

"Being on top of the world?" He laughed.

"Being alone with you." I smiled.

He kissed me softly but the moment was stifled when my phone went off, I groaned when I saw it was Johnny.

"Hey." I said standing up to walk around.

"Hey, how is it going?" He asked. "Having fun?"

"Yeah..."I looked at Zack and he just shrugged. "It's going great."

"That's great. You coming back here or staying with Zack? I was thinking about going out to dinner with Lacey and didn't wanna lock you out."

Was this even Johnny I was talking to? Who was this? What did they do with my Johnny?

"You there?" He asked louder, I must've been quiet for too long.

"I uh.. I'll have to ask Zack."

"Okay, let me know within the hour – that's about how long it takes for her to get ready."

"Okay. Thank you." I smiled meeting Zack's eyes, he looked like he was ready for the bad news but I couldn't wait to tell him that a spirit had possessed John and I might spend the night at his house instead.

"Let me guess, guard-dog wants you home." He sighed getting up, putting everything back into the jeep.

"No, he wanted to know if I was going to stay with you or not. Said he's taking Lacey out to dinner and needed to know about locking the door or not."