Welcome to the Family

20. Bailey

Welcome to the Family

Johnny's house was absolutely beautiful.

It was an Italian looking house not too far from the ocean, I guess Zack lived a few streets up – he had an ocean front house. They had said that Matt and Brian also had ocean front houses, but that John*ny didn't like being that close to the ocean like they did. Of course not, he grew up in the mountains, he was never too big on water to begin with – another reason we were all shocked when he ran off to California.

"Will you stay with Johnny, or with me?" Zack asked as we got out.

"I assume Johnny will think I'm staying with him... I mean don't get mad it's not that I wouldn't stay with you..." I suddenly got nervous I didn't think about staying anywhere but with Johnny.

"No, that's fine. I assumed, I was just making sure so I didn't just like leave you here and you thought you'd go with me then." He laughed. "No worries babe."

"You're not far away apparently." I said nudging him as we walked up to the door, Johnny opened the door and immediately hugged us.

"I've been waiting!" He smiled. "Come in, Lacey is here."

I looked at him questioningly as this beautiful woman with dark hair walked in. she took Johnny's hand and offered a warm smile, she already knew Zack so she said hello to him first.

"Lacey this is my younger sister Bailey, Bailey this is my girlfriend Lacey." Johnny said nervously. 

"I haven't told the family about her because it's almost too good to be true and I'm afraid of what everyone would think."

"I think she's beautiful." I smiled hugging her. "How long have you guys been together?"

"Just shy of a year." She smiled. "He's told me so much about you."

"How about we unpack everything, you girls go talk and get ready for that party tonight."

"Party?" I asked looking at Johnny again, he just smiled and shrugged.

"How will I show you off if not the Johnny Christ way." He laughed. "It's not gonna be big."

Lacey laughed and took me by the arm, leading me towards the kitchen. She got me a drink and asked if I was hungry before setting out all the party trays and putting all the beer on ice and taking it outside. She offered me a bikini to wear, one she said was one she never really liked cause it didn't fit well but it was beautiful.