11 ~ Jaemin's Ship

The next morning, Mark clung onto Donghyuck, making sure Lucas wasn't around.

"You're taking this thing way too seriously.." Said Donghyuck.

"So what? I already told you why I'm doing this."

"It's not like he's gonna rape me or som-"

Mark covered his mouth.

"Shut your pretty mouth, would you? He's over there."

Mark pointed to Lucas standing near his locker, girls behind him squealing and pointing as usual. Lucas is very good looking and any gender can agree with that.

Lucas' face turned their direction, and Mark hurriedly dragged Donghyuck away with him to the bathroom.

"Class is staring soon, and I know you have a class with Lucas without me. Don't talk to him, don't let him talk to you. Okay?"

"Mark. We sit together in Science. How can I not talk to him?"

"Agh I gotta tell the teacher to make your seat then-"

"Stop overreacting, Mark!"

"Yeah, don't over react, Mark." commented Jaemin, who just walked out of a stall.

"You're not my mom. I can make the decisions I want to."

"But you-"

"Mark! It's not like Donghyuck's gonna disappear and never come back. I need to tell you something.." Jaemin said.

He looked at Donghyuck and motioned for him to get out. Mark was about to run after him but Jaemin stopped him.

"Mark. If you really like Donghyuck, why don't you just tell him already?"

"I-"

"You what?"

"I don't think he'll feel the same way.. besides, our bond isn't strong enough yet."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Remember I used to bully him out of selfishness.. I don't think he will accept my feelings so soon."

"Mark.. surely you had another reason for your.. bullying."

Mark hesitated at first, but then told Jaemin.

"I liked him a lot.. but didn't know how to get his attention. So I tried the bullying for attention method but-"

"Seems like you took it too far. You used a bad approach, my guy." Jaemin commented, shaking a finger in disapproval.

"I know, I know. But can I just not tell him how I feel for a while? Can I just spend more time with him for now?"

"Sure, whatever. But if you don't do it after a long time, we're gonna need to talk more. I really want you guys to get together. It just seems.. I dunno.. right?"

Mark laughed. "For us it does. I don't know about him, though."

- - -

Donghyuck walked to class by himself, but somebody tagged along.

He looked up to see the tall and friendly heartthrob, Lucas.

"Hey, Dongie."

"D-Dongie?"

"Just a nickname I made up." Lucas smiled.

Donghyuck just nodded.

"That's a bit of a strange one. I would've guessed you'd call me Hyuckie instead but Dongie is fine.. I guess."

Lucas grinned. "Glad you're okay with it, Dongie. So are we still getting that ice cream after school or what?"

Donghyuck thought about it for a moment. He and Mark were going to finish up the project tomorrow, which left him with pretty much nothing to do today. Going for ice cream would be nice.

"Sure."

"Yay! See you after school, I'll be waiting for you outside."

"Kay. Thanks."

- - -

Mark curiously followed Donghyuck and Lucas to the ice cream shop. He brought a newspaper and a hat with him as a disguise.

Right when he walked in, he saw Lucas holding Donghyuck's hand, they were finding a place to sit.

Mark went for the table Lucas and Donghyuck were about to sit at.

He quickly brought up the newspaper to his face and muttered in a low voice, "You can go there."

"Thanks." Lucas grinned, Donghyuck staring at Mark in confusion.

Clearly WE were gonna sit there but he still went for it. At least he let us sit, jeez.

Turns out Donghyuck and Lucas ordered one big tub of ice cream. They ate it together.

"Hey Hyuck. You've got some ice cream on your face," Lucas giggled.

Donghyuck turned red in embarrassment, "W-Where?"

"Right.." Lucas reached across the table to touch the younger's face, "Here." And he wiped it away.

Mark gagged a bit too loudly which made the two look at him.

He raised the newspaper higher.

Donghyuck felt suspicious again.

He's kinda rude..

Lucas just kept eating.

After a few minutes of eating and talking, they left.

Mark sighed in disappointment as he saw the two walk out whilst holding hands.

He threw down his newspaper in frustration.

An employee noticed this and tried to comfort the guy.

"Hey. You dropped your newspaper."

"Psh. I know."

The employee walked over to the table and picked it up,

"Don't be such a bastard about it. Don't litter here either."

Mark just got up and left.

"Wow."

- - -

Donghyuck was bored and decided to go to Jaemin's house to play video games.

He walked in and saw that his whole group of friends were there, too.

"Hey guys."

"Sooo.. How was it?" asked Chenle.

"Nice."

Jaemin snorted. "Was the date with Lucas really that lame that you only have one word to describe it?"

"Uhhh-"

"Go on a date with someone worth fucking like Mark."

Everyone gasped.

"J-Jaemin.."

"What? He likes you. He seems cool. I'm sure you like him deep down in your heart."

Donghyuck was speechless.

"We have children here!" exclaimed Renjun, covering Jisung and Chenle's ears.

"It's the truth. Donghyuck, Mark is totally in love with you. You like him right?"

"I.. don't know."

"Think about it. Think long and hard about it."

"Ew that description is weird, Jaemin.." commented Jeno.

"I know. I'm doing Mark a favor by doing this. Markhyuck has to sail."