Fili- Romeo and Juliet pt. 1

Thank you all so much for over 1.1K views! You guys are the best!

You could hardly control the blush on your royal face as the dwarves were brought into your father's throne room, covered in dirt and spider webs. You knew your father and king had an undying hatred for the dwarves of Erebor and dwarven-kind as a whole, but you were struggling to feel the same.

The golden haired prince caught your eye, both eyes, in fact. You simply couldn't look away from him, even while his uncle was trash talking your father. You found his waves of hair like the morning sun's rays. The locks were lusciously and naturally curled, something rare among elves and something you found incredibly attractive. He was tall for a dwarf while you were short for an elf, so your best guess was that you weren't too different in height. You barely noticed he was gazing at you for you were lost in his blue eyes.

The prince himself had a distaste for elves, especially those of Mirkwood. It didn't help that you were the king's daughter. But all the thoughts of dislike towards the fair race quickly disappeared when he laid his eyes upon you. You were radiant with beauty shining brighter than all the treasures in the mountain he would one day rule over. But it was your eyes that really enchanted him. He saw that there was more to you behind those sparkling irises. He saw mystery, adventure, and - most surprising to Fili - interest in him. It was undeniable that the twinkle in you gaze was not of mischief or evil- it was of love. Love at first sight.

Legolas stood next to you as you sat upon your throne. The heir was having his heart torn in two seeing his beloved younger sister and his long since love interest, Tauriel, both fall for dwarves. He elbowed you. Shaken from your zone of awe, you scowled at him. You saw the trouble in his eyes as he watched Tauriel stare at the young, dark haired prince with hearts in her eyes. Had it been any other day, you would have teased your brother for such an occasion. But you knew he was pained to see the two elleths he treasured most be wooed so easily by dwarves. Dwarves! It was simply heartbreaking for Legolas to see.

Even though you cared for your big brother, you didn't right now. You were in love, and it felt like nothing mattered. Not even his opinion, something you always trusted.

"Be serious, (y/n)," he whispered into your pointed ear.

"I am, brother," you lied convincingly. "What makes you think I'm not?"

It seemed all too soon that the dwarves were dragged away to the dungeons. You reached your hand out desperately as the prince you fancied was forced away. Legolas nostrils flared and he swatted your hand away. You glared at him.

Your father plopped back into his majestic throne, rubbed his long fingers down his face, and sighed. "The stubbornness of dwarves..."

You tried to smile as you danced with Falion, the ellon you were planned to marry but was not yet engaged to. You didn't want to be here at the Feast of Starlight. Falion's unwanted touch was cold against your skin, but his heart was the opposite. He was a good noble elf- chivalrous and gentle, but he did not interest you. Your thoughts were all on that enchanting dwarf, and the spark that had been lit between the two of you earlier that day.

"What bothers you, my dear (y/n)?" Falion asked with concern upon seeing your thoughtful state.

"Oh, nothing," you said, looking up at your suitor. "I believe I may have had a bit more wine than one can handle. Please excuse me."

You, pretending to be hopelessly drunk, left the ballroom. Once you were far enough from the party, you made straight for the dungeons. On your way there, you grabbed a hooded cloak and flipped it over your crowned head, and sneaked past any guards on duty.