Thorin- Lost Lady of Erebor pt. 7 (Epilogue)

Continued request for 04olivia04

Your mother clasped her hands over her wobbly lips as she took in the sight of you in the same dress you had worn twenty years ago. "You look so beautiful," she cried.

Dis nodded in agreement and said, "I can't believe you found it."

Neither could you. When you lead Thorin and his company to Valezka's realm, you searched through her room and found your old dress, along with a journal. In it, you discovered a spell she had written to destroy the barrier around the realm. You gave it to Gandalf, and when you left the realm for the last time, the castle was no longer hidden, able to be seen from miles away, uninhabited and abandoned.

After Valezka's defeat, Thorin had nearly bled to death. If not for Oin's expert healing skills, he wouldn't have made it through the night-- throughout which you had been at his side, holding his hand and not getting a blink of sleep. You had woken the next morning with Thorin caressing your hair, yellow sunlight streaming through the window.

And that was when you finally let yourself believe that everything was alright. There was no more need to worry, and nobody was going to be hurt by Valezka ever again. All was well in Erebor.

Shortly after Thorin was healed, you lead him and his cousins to the realm and found a hundred dwarves brainwashed and confused. It took some stress and convincing, but they were all brought home safe. It took a few weeks for the potion to wear off, but once it did, there was nothing but joy. Friends and families were reunited, and the singing and feasting went on for days.

Then you and Thorin were finally getting married.

Your father opened the door and poked his head in. "Is the blushing bride ready?"

"I believe so," Dis said and gave you a quick hug. "Hopefully we can do this uninterrupted this time."

You chuckled softly, linking your left arm with your father's and the right with your mother's. You walked through the doors of the temple, a bouquet of red roses held before you. Thorin stood at the alter, his grinning brother, Frerin, close behind.

Thorin's eyes became misty when he saw you, the anxious thoughts of another attack or not being a good enough husband melting away along with the crowd and the vow master. It was just a groom and his bride, standing alone in a heaven of clouds, the sun representing the light of the new life you were about to start together.

The vows were barely repeated consciously, for you were both lost in each other's eyes. The rings were brought forth, the kiss tied the knot, and you ran hand in hand down the aisle to your shared future.

There were toasts, songs, and dancing. Master Baggins and his young cousin even made appearance and taught the dwarves how to do their dances from the Shire. When night fell, Gandalf had a show of fireworks above the mountain that the dwarves came out to see.

You and Thorin stood on the balcony you had just recently been reunited on, holding each other and rocking slowly to the music of your beating hearts as you admired the bursting colors.

"This is long overdue," you sighed, leaning your head on his chest.

Thorin hummed in a agreement. "Now, we can only make up for lost time."

You looked up at him and smiled suggestively.

"What?" he asked.

"I think you're right," you said with a giggle, "and I know exactly where we should start with that."

Thorin's face was scarlet as you grabbed him by the hand and raced back inside and through the halls of Erebor. But he soon caught up, his own arousal growing, and locked the doors of your now shared bedroom behind you.

~*~

"Mama," your little daughter said at bedtime some years later, "can you tell us a story?"

"Hm," you said with a smile and tucked her chest-deep in the blankets. "Perhaps. What kind of story?"

"A story about kings and war and magic!" her brother said excitedly. You pushed him back down into the pillows, silently telling him to calm himself. 

"And love," your daughter added. "Like in the fairy tales!"  

You pursed your lips and looked at Thorin, who was sitting on the other side of the bed, the fire casting shadows on his aging face. He smiled back at you.

"I think I know a good one..."

WOW! I feel like I should raise a toast to the ending of this beautiful story! It took over two months to complete, and according to Wattpad, it takes about an hour and a half to read. Thank you 04olivia04 for requesting it and giving me all these wonderful ideas! It was a wild ride!