Chapter 1 Project Pals

CHAPTER 1

SALMAS POV

It was quiet. nice and quiet, I was walking in a trail that was lined up with willow trees. the sun was shining and the sky was brights. I ran my hand on the small green shrubs as I walked along the summery trail. I looked to my right an-

RIIIIIIIINNNNGGG!!!

What was that ringing noise? where was it coming from?

RRIIIIIINNNNGGG!!!

my dream self looked around for the source of the load noise but it was no use.

I could feel the dream disappear in a blink of an eye as eye shot my eyes open.

I looked to my right and groaned. The sound of my alarm awakened me from my deep slumber and peaceful dream.

I Frankenstein like got up and grabbed my alarm clock and fumbled with it trying to find the off button.

Finally succeeding I threw my legs to the side of my bed and stood up. I yawned and dragged my feet along my carpeted floor while I made my way to the washroom.

I noticed the time of the washroom clock,

30 minutes till school starts.

Great, it takes me 30 minutes to find an outfit to wear and another 30 to eat my breakfast. I'm going to be late for sure.

I quickly washed my face, brushed my teeth an hair before bolting out of the washroom and In front of my closet.

I swung the doors open and ran my fingers through the dozens of clothes I had. ( Allhumdullilah) finally after what felt like 10 minutes( a new record) I picked out a perfect, well a presentable outfit.

A teal fuzzy sweater, a cream and pink, floral long skirt and a pink hijab. I grabbed a few accessories before scurrying down stairs to fill my tum tum.

My mom and dad, like usual were at work, my older brother, Bilal already left for university

since he didn't want to be to far away from his fam he decided to go to one close by.

my Dado ( grandma) like always, was still sleeping.

I wish I could sleep.

I glanced at my phone trying to keep track of time and my heart have a little jump.

10 minuites left

I got to the fridge, took out random assortments of foods, warmed them up and gobbled them down in at least 5 minuites.

I threw the dishes in the sink and heard a load pang. Praying that none of the plates broke I ran to the entrance grabbing my bag and slamming the door shut.

I slowed down my pace to check what time it was.

8:01

The bell rang!! I'm late! the school is at least a 5-10 minute walk away.

I grabbed the straps if my bag a bolted! I bolted like umm Quick silver! The spring wind hit my face sending the small tassels on my scarf dancing in the air! I felt like Usain Bolt but to be honest I was probably running 2 Miles an hour and looked like a complete fool.

I kept taking 5 second breaks every time it felt like I was going to have heart failure. yeah I looked like I'm in okay shape but really I'm just one of those girls who eat anything and never gain weight which I'm thankful for or else i'd be the size of Peter Griffin.

I kept tripping over my skirt which i had to hold by its rim to prevent any more close calls.

After what felt like forever I reached the school but like I predicted, I was late. No one was outside, well except for those rebel students and ditchers who were smoking near the back and one couple kissing the life out of each other.