Chapter 2 The New Guy

I spent the rest of the day as usual except for the fact as Ashton Ramsey being my partner was still lurking behind my mind.

As I fiddled with my pencil trying to find the answer to question 5 b) the bell rang leading my train of thought astray and closing my books.

Finally it was lunch time. I haven't seen my best friend, well one of my best friends, Soha today at all.

Right before I moved to Eugene Greyson. I used to go to Al- Kareem, a Islamic school untill I had to move when I was a junior. hijab was part of the uniform there but I didn't wear full, full time like now and like a few of the girls there.

I had to leave all my good friends behind which was sad but we all still hang out and my new friend I made here, Soha right when I moved got included in our little clique so we all know each other really well.

Soha doesn't wear hijab but she's as good a muslim than a lot of hijabis out there.

You see when I met Soha she was nice and modest but after a while she became a bit unfaithful. she didn't pray, she swore, wore showy attire and such but I still loved her to death and she was still super nice and polite. I didn't mind it, I mean it was her life but when I decided on wearing the hijab during my sophomore year, it affected her more than me somehow.

She changed completely, she didn't wear hijab but she was way more modest and was steadfast in prayer and said that her swearing an such was just a phase.

I guess me wearing hijab showed her that I was taking islam serious or something ( which I am) and that I guess made her a bit guilty.

As I approached her locker

I saw her putting her books away and ran up to meet her.

" Hey Soha mama!" I said with a grin plastered on my face.

I gave her that nickname because she always nags everyone about doing there work on time and blah like a mom so her name is now Soha mama.

She just rolled her eyes and smiled.

" Loser!"

Did i mention she sucks at dissing people. Well yeah she does, a lot!

"Come on let's go to the lunch room I'm starving!" She said as we made out way to cafeteria. I looked down at Soha,s lunch to only see an apple and Doritos chips in a plastic bag.

" Why are you always bringing chips for lunch can't you bring a real lunch?."

I said while unwrapping my granola bar and biting a large chunk of it.

" My mom never has time to pack me real lunch."

" You know you could always pack your own lunch that consist of an actual meal instead of reading 24/7"

Not that reading is bad.

"Shut up."

Was all she said before walking away from me as I tried to catch up with her.

I looked to my right and saw Ishmael Chaudhry and I got an idea.

" Hey Soha! look! it's your future Hubby!"

Soha just rolled her eyes an stuck her tongue out.

Me and my other friends are always making fun of Soha for having a crush on every single guy out there. I mean she's a Taurus and even her star sign says that she is big lover, not that I believe in star signs but it's cool when they actually Match your personality.

we even made a script for a drama cereal staring her and 20 different guys that she has to choose as her love.

It's a brown thing.