Chapter 9 CPR with a side of sniffles

I couldn't see anything. my scarf was covering my view and my skirt was flowing around everywhere!

I was sinking down deeper and deeper for what felt like forever, I didn't even know which way was up. did I land head first, feet first, back first? I don't know.

I probably fell in Ashton's deep section of the pool.

Perfect.

It was 2 puzzle pieces of death that fit perfectly together.

I tried waving my arms and swim up or down I just tried to stop sinking further but I couldn't, it was no use. suddenly I heard loud voices and a laugh, but I was to busy praying, asking god to save me and forgive my sins

I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't breathe and slowly my vision began to get blurry.

I needed air and automatically I made the stupidest mistake in my life! I sucked in water!

While trying to keep my eyes open I heard a faint splash in the distance before finally zoning out.

.

.

.

.

.

.

I could finally hear, but not clearly, I felt the cool air surround me and it felt great!

Was I out if the water? I took a deep breathe but it was hard and I started to cough.

I looked up and saw a face, a very familiar face but the face was too close and his eyes were closed.

It was Ashton.

He was leaning in and automatically everything started to come back.

The project, his friends, Crystal, and me falling in the pool.

As Ashton grew closer I started to panic and I immediately jerked up causing us to hit our heads together.

" Ow!" I heard him say.

I blinked away any fuzziness and saw Ashton all wet, he still had his shirt which was good because him being shirtless would not make this any more less awkward.

The sudden gasp I inhaled when I saw Ashton so close caused me to cough and wheeze all over again.

" Salma! are you okay?" I heard him say in a worried tone.

I looked down and saw that my white skirt had become see through and was sticking to my legs. My face became red like mad and quickly got up.

Bad idea.

My head started to hurt and I felt really dizzy, I started to fall or lose my balance but Ashton kept me up.

I felt his hands on my shoulder and my cheeks were burning like hell now, sending tingly shivers inside me. he must've noticed too because he quickly pulled them away before murmuring a sorry.

When I finally regained focus I saw that all his friends had confused and shocked faces except for Crystal who was surprised and slightly mad.

Then I remembered The hard jab I got in my stomach, CRYSTAL PUSHED ME!

But The words of accusing Crystal didn't come out.

" What happened?" Was what came out and I grabbed my throat. my voice was croaky and it sounded like a frog was stuck there.

" Umm... you fell in the pool... sort of..." Ashton said while giving Crystal a quick glance.

That girl needed therapy for whatever she had, I mean she's worst than Elizabeth, she nearly killed me!