Chapter 3 Supply Shopping

Chapter 3

When I woke up the next morning I instantly looked at my alarm clock.

12:00

Good I had plenty if time before Ashton gets here. only one thing, I forgot to tell mom about Ashton coming over.

I flung out of bed and ran over to my parents room.

My mom was reading a book and my dad was still sleeping.

"Um hey mom, can a friend come over today? We have a group project to do."

My mom looked up and fixed her reading glasses.

" Sure, what's her name?"

"Um it's not a girl it's a guy, but it only for a project! besides he's a jerk anyways."

My mom eyes widen but softened quickly.

" I trust you Mano, and since it is a school project this boy can come over but remember."

Her face was stern and it knew exactly what that meant.

" Yes mom, I understand! you can trust me!"

It sounded like I was begging for Ashton to come over but really I just wanted to start on the project so we can cover up as much as we can.

" I do trust you, now when is this boy coming over?"

" In a few hours so I better go get ready." I said before rushing to my room to change.

I took out a white hijab and loose baby blue top. after slipping my shirt on I got out a white skirt and a black belt to put around my waist.

I pinned my hijab with a blue flower and dusted my face with loose powder.

Nice.

Since I still haven't ate any breakfast I went to the kitchen to get some fruit loops.

I scrolled through my phone while eating my cereal.

Nothing interesting.

" Hey mom should we work in my room or in the dining room?"

I yelled from the kitchen so she could here from her bed room.

" Any where you like, but remember to keep the door open in your bedroom if you do work there."

After putting my dishes away I went to the living room to get set because there is no way that i want Ashton and me to be alone in my room even though the door is open and my family is here.

After setting all the supplies and any other needed equipment to start the project I decided to do whatever I do on a regular Saturday while waiting for Ashton's arrival.

I went on my phone, read, cleaned my room, helped my mom cook and clean etc...

I did my chores but didn't realize what time it was.

2:40

How come he's not here yet?

I started to look through the things that the media talks about most only getting 3 down.

Health

Sports

Gas prices

I didn't have time to jot any more ideas down because I heard the sound of a doorbell ring. I looked at my phone to see the time.

3:00

Ashton's late, I better hope that's him.

I opened the door to see Ashton standing There, his hands in his pockets and his hair Jelled like usual.