Chapter 7- Tragedy ail

I flipped through the channels as I laid there like a sack of pudding. Finally I came upon the news that made me jerk up.

I listened to the blonde news reporter as she talked about something that had happened about a mere 30 minutes ago. it was breaking news and what had happened crushed my heart.

A plane had crashed near the Pearson airport which isn't to faraway from here. The news lady was saying how there were no survivors and how there were about 10 infants aboard.

I clutched onto my pillow as I watched the helicopter hovering over the scene. Ash and smoke was scattered and covering the entire place. debris was flying around and a few sparks of fire were dancing around. the wreckage though was unnoticeable. it didn't even look like a plane, the paint was all scratched of or black from the fires. all I saw was twisted up metals all in different positions.

I saw about a dozen police cars, ambulances and fire trucks. I saw crying families, dead people who were covered in a blanket being towed away and into the vehicles.

The entire scene was heartbreaking and practically caused me to bawl my eyes out. Another thing that shocked me was that there were reports of a terrorist on the plane and how it could of been the cause of this.

It made me cringe how the people were emphasizing the words ISLAM and

MASSACRE as one word, I couldn't believe how people were just assuming that we were the cause of all this! I mean they have no idea of our teachings! they probably never even seen a Quran let alone know everything inside and presume that it has to do with destruction. And chaos!

I watched The news for about an hour until I heard footsteps creaking down the stairs.

It was Dado, her grey hair was sticking out from her tight bun and her face looked tired. I guess she was sleeping.

" What's wrong ghuriya ( my doll.)"

Dado said as she approached my weeping body.

As she finally saw the T.V her hand went to her mouth.

" Ya allah! What happened!?" she asked as she too was shocked and devastated by the plane wreck.

" A plane crashed about 2 hours ago near the Pearson airport. they said no one survived and that it was a terrorist attack." I bluntly said as I peeked through the cushion at her.

" Oh." was all she said as she too sat next to me, her arms wrapped around me.

" Don't worry ghuriya, they don't know what they're talking about, and they don't have the right. only allah knows, just pray for those people and pray for the sanity of the people." she said.

I heard her mutter a few words in Urdu before sighing and going to the kitchen.

I hated this, not only because of how everyone is interpreting the situation by blaming Muslims but also about how all those innocents souls.

Those parents who were controlling there children, those people who never knew that this would be their last nap or meal, how people were watching a comedy or drama but it all had to end so abruptly.

I sighed and wiped my face.I mean even if a muslim had done it it was the persons fault not the religion and besides, more non- Muslims commit crime than us regular Muslims but I'm not saying to go jumping on them like the media is doing to us. No one should judge, they should just go after the person not their background!

Suddenly I remembers Ashton's words and how he insulted Muslims but then my heart softened when he apologized and actually understood. But then Crystal entered my brain and made my heart slightly deflate. NO! just leave it Salma, no one cares and neither should you, especially Ashton.