Chapter 8 Pep talks and Pools

I shook the thought of Ashton from my mind. but that did t exactly go well. my phone beeped and I went to go pick it up.

It was Ashton and he was asking if we were still going to do the project and stuff.

" Are you're parents home?" I typed.

" Yeah." he replied before I jabbed a few buttons replying to him that I would be coming In an hour before turning my phone off.

I went downstairs and saw my mom in the kitchen as usual. she was chopping up onions and putting it in a large pot as I walked in.

" Hey, um mom. can I go to Ashton's house, it's for a project I swear and I know the rules and stuff so can I?"

I said quickly but my mom was just stirring the pot as she nodded her head.

" Ashton's a good boy, you can go but only if it's a project, call me when you get there and when you're about to leave and remember..." she said and left the last word hanging and gave me a look which I new right away what it meant.

" Yes mom, don't worry, like you said, he's a good boy, besides his parents are home so don't worry." I replied smiling but when I turned my back I immediately began to roll my eyes.

Ashton and his fake good boy rep. he probably does the same to all his babe clones parents. man if only Ma new, but yet again Ashton and what he said...

The words started to repeat inside my head again.

' I'm sorry.'

' You're right, no one should just jump to conclusion.'

' I don't believe that Muslims were the cause.'

' It was the stupid person not them and especially not you!'

I shook his words from my head, in not going to let a few encouraging words flip my opinion about Ashton, sure he could be nice but I'm not going to fall into his well prepared trapped just like I promised myself I would.

I got some leftovers from this week out and warmed them up. I was starving!

After eating some Bhindi and roti ( some sort if beans and bread.) I washed up and wrapped my scarf around making sure that my hair was tucked in.

" Oh and Salma! next week we have to go to Ahmed's house, his mom is hosting a party and she'd invited us over so don't make any plans that day."

She'd called out to me as I made my way to my room.

30 minutes until I had to leave.

I decided to pack my books and then go on the Internet to kill time. but that was a mistake.

When I opened up my tab the first thing I saw was the yahoo news page, talking about the plane wreck.

I couldn't help but read it and it just out me in a worst mood than before.

All through out the net they kept having in bold words MUSLIM, ISLAM, MASSACRE, TERRORIST,

It made my blood boil and I clicked the close tab.

I decided to just pray now instead of when I come home and after I did I felt so much better.

' Don't care what others think.' I repeated in my head as I grabbed my bag and Bristol board before heading out the door.

I finally relaxed when the pleasant wind hit my face but then started to get nervous. I mean I was going over to Ashton Ramsey's house! A boy! I know that it's for a project but still, it's awkward especially since my parents aren't around.