Part 1: A Wish

Alfred sighed, once again, his grades were garbage.

I mean, sure, he did fine in English and US History, but his parents really wanted him to be a doctor.

No way that was possible if he didn't pick up the slack.

And of course, his brothers got amazing grades, they always did. That's why his parents favored them.

Why couldn't he be smart or live somewhere that his talents were useful? All he could do was make people laugh at him.

That's all Alfred really wanted. He just wanted to be a hero to someone, was that too much to ask?

Alfred managed to slip past his other class mates and quietly exited the prison his parents called school.

The one thing that he loved about school was that it was right on the beach. You could literally go swimming during lunch if you wanted too.

Alfred sat on the warm sand, allowing the water to splash against his slightly tan feet.

He sighed, wishing he was somewhere, ANYWHERE else.

He decided to get his legs soaked, maybe that would cheer him up.

He went deeper into the water, so that it kissed the end of his jean shorts.

The water was nice and cool, contrasting from the warm afternoon.

Alfred looked out to the sea, why couldn't he just live there?

Suddenly, a head popped out of the water, a strange man with strawberry blond hair, gently tinged pink at the ends with glowing baby-blue eyes swirled with pastel pink.

Alfred stepped back, making the stage shirtless man frown.

"Poppet, don't be afraid; I want to help you."

Cockney accent. Alfred was certain.

"Uhh... who are you?"

"Oh." He giggled. "How rude of me. My name is Oliver, I'm a wish granter."

"Because I know what that is." Alfred eyes him cautiously, hand on his pepper spray hidden in his pocket.

"Oh, please, dear, I'm not a fan of sass. Also Wish Granter. Exactly what it sounds like."

"What do you want?"

"Like I said, I want to help you."

"Why?"

Oliver thought for a minute. "You seem to be... not content... miserable, even."

"Why do you care?"

"I'm a wish Granter! It's my job to care!"

"Fair enough."

Oliver nodded. "Since you hate your world so much, why not join this one?"

"Huh?"

Ollie revealed his glistening lilac tail.

Alfred gasped in awe.

"All I need are your glasses."

"Why?"

"Payment, for the wish."

Alfred thought it was weird, but he handed Oliver his glasses.

"How am I gonna see?"

"Don't worry about that, I have a plan, now all you have to do is follow me."

Alfred followed Oliver deeper into the water, until he was completely submerged.