Part 10: The Fighting Begins

No one spoke, everyone just stared at each other in horror, except for Alfred, who was still squirming to get out of Ivan's grasp.

Suddenly, a familiar Brit appeared with a flash on the back of the boat.

Oliver beamed, his baby-blue eyes practically glowing in excitement.

"You called, poppet?"

Alfred stopped struggling. 

"Ollie! Thanks a ton! These guys are trying to force me back!"

Oliver gave Alfred his insane Cheshire grin. "No worries, poppet. A true friend never ignores a plea." Oliver glared at Arthur and the BTT.

"Alfie, please..." Matthew whispered desperately.

"Mattie, I can't. You don't know what it's like, holding in your feelings, always disappointing everyone... you just don't get it. I'm sorry."

Matthew's eyes widened; that's how Alfred felt?

Oliver stepped forward, nobody objected. "Don't be sorry, poppet, it's their fault. You were brilliant."

Alfred smiled. "You're the only one who thinks that, Ollie."

Oliver shook his head. "I'm not the only one. Andres, Francois, Gillen, we all love you."

Alfred beamed. "Yeah... you guys really do..."

"LIAR!" Screamed Ivan.

Alfred looked at him in alarm. "Huh?"

"You think you love him?! I've loved him since I first saw him!"

That shut everyone up. Both Alfred and Ivan were scarlet faced.

Oliver stared at the Russian in shock, his blue eyes wide.

Alfred kept looking back and forth between Oliver and Ivan.

Finally he settled on the Russian. "Do you really mean it?" He whispered.

Ivan nodded slowly, but it was drowned out by Oliver's shriek.

"Alfred, look around you! These are the same people who shunned you! They made you feel worthless; can you really trust these monsters?!"

Alfred sighed sadly. "No... Oliver... you're right..."

"ALFRED! HE'S LYING!!!!

Alfred looked up, surprised to see Arthur in front of him, tears streaming from his emerald eyes.