Chapter 1

Chapter 1

'Scarlett get up,' my mom, Genevie, yells waking me from my deep slumber. Scratching my head, clearing my eyes I contemplate falling asleep again. A knock brings me forward out of my semi-unconsciousness, the door opens ajar and my mother's giggling features peak through the gap, 'You are definitely having a shower,' she laughs one more time before closing my door, I stand up quickly but trip forward, balancing myself a dull ache in my calf reminds me of the cramp of yesterday's fun. Stretching my leg, my eyes jolt awake as I rush out of the door, urgency to beat my brother to the bathroom.

'For once I'm not going to argue, you definitely need the bathroom,' he stands at the door hand on the knob, chuckling at my Frankenstein appearance, I slap him over the head as he walks back towards his room. Why does he get naturally perfect teeth and I had to go through 7 years of hell, braces. I walk to the mirror and jump backwards, I thought I looked bad but not this bad, my hands reach for my curls, deciphering what to do with them.

Stepping to the shower I lazily turn on the water, freezing my hand in an instant, 'what the!'

'You better not finish that sentence young lady,' my mom calls from the foyer

I stare at the shower in annoyance, it was too early for proper human function, I sigh walking to the cabinet, opening the cupboard doors I go down scrambling through the array of products in search for my untangling wonder brush, my eyes widen, gotcha. Everything crumbles around me as I wack my head on the cabinet getting out, '75!' I hear my brother yell, I rub my head, you think after the 74 times of whacking my head I would learn. Testing the water it feels hot, stripping down I jump into the hot shower, my body becoming instantly relaxed as soon as the water runs over my aching muscles. The hot water tames the raging hell of hair as I reach for my best friend, conditioner. I squirt a large amount to my hands and let the comb do the magic, before thoroughly rinsing with water and shampoo. Cleaning the rest of my body and massaging my sore muscles I turn off the shower.

I grab my towels and walk into my bedroom, I ponder for a moment deciding on my clothing choices, 'Don't wear yesterdays clothes,' my brother yells as he walks back into the bathroom. I throw open my cupboard before deciding on a pair of blue ripped jeans, plain grey t-shirt and of course a hoodie. I grab some comfortable underpants and a bra, nodding at the comfort of my outfit, I brush my hair hoping for it to achieve some styling.

I walk out, my mom shaking her head at me wearing another hoodie and converse outfit. 'There she is my special girl,' my dad hugs me from behind, 'I am so proud of you, I cant believe its your big day tomorrow,' he smothers me with another big hug.

'Thanks Dad,' I smile brightly, us both radiating waves of love, I was grateful for him, since day one my dad taught me everything I need to know about life. Although the world is filled with the different clans and species, I had to study hard and train hard because you will never know what could happen, he was smart and well educated, and he never let a situation seem to good to be true. But through our knowledge only a white luminescent could take that away anothrt luminescents powers and no one has seen them since the great war.

'Stop it Harley,' my mom smiles.

'Someone jealous?' he rushes away from me to my mom smothering her with kisses while hugging her from behind, her cute giggles making me grateful for my parents, 'Don't worry Scar, tomorrow you will have all your heart desires, I'll drive you guys to school,' I smile and grab my school bag walking out of the door.

-------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed thank you for reading

- Jess x