Chapter 2

I sit in the passenger side with the window down, the rushing wind caressing my clean face, tinging my cheeks pink. I reminisce to the story heard a thousand times by both my dad and in history. The reason why we exist. Why I exist. The war started when my kind came into existence, called the lucky ones by humans, hand glowers by the wolves and vamps, brats by the gargoyles but I am one of the luminescent.

The luminescent are humans with special abilities controlled by colours that illuminate through the line etchings of our hands, a faint glow reminding us, and unfortunately dictating us to different ranks of power.

We came about during the war against humans, the supernatural attacked humans making them slaves, slaughtering any protestors but when in a time for a great need when there was no hope for human kind, a light from above came and contacted The Worthy, they gave him the glow of white, granting him all the colours in existence, as for we know all colours combined form white. He used this to hold the leaders of each supernatural group and hold them to their knees giving the warning, 'Justice will be served for those who are unjust,' bravely he sacrificed himself spreading the colours to all nations of the world, filling the world with luminescents. Originally, humans praised them like Gods but slowly without his existence, the unjust of that time were left as humans, powerless and now a minority while the luminescents rule society.

Whites scattered through the world and held the world accountable for what they deemed wrong, but evil plagued their hearts, corrupting their sense of justice and transforming the once right white light into a new breed of black luminescents. The black lumi sought themselves to be more worthy and superior leading the white to war. All remaining factions came together to defeat the newly formed hierarchy, together the leaders of each colour joined together using their power to defeat the leaders, but many were lost in the fight, countless slaughtered in the attempt to reach and destroying the maniacal white and black lumis.

After the combining of powers each colour only three survived. Red, Blue, and Yellow. They agreed for peace and to lead three sections of the world, to rule over only the humans and luminescents. So that all factions can lead together in harmony. But through time and the mixing of colours other factions started reappearing, providing new hope and growth.

On the 18th of March, people turning 17 or already 17, will receive their colour, until then our hands lay bare and normal, human for 17 years of your life.

Yet there is still many that disagree, and the white have not been seen in generations, black lumis spread across the 3 sanctions, leaders in combat, reminding the other sanctions to not repeat our past.

If you do not learn from history, history will repeat itself