Chapter 4

'Scarlett, come out and spar this instant,' Coach Bartlett screams at me.

'Sir, I cant my shorts shrunk, and I spar the guys. You know what they are like!' I yell from the stands. He glares at me I walk down holding down the front and back of my shorts.

'Oh, definitely I'll let her beat me up if it means I verse her in those shorts,' Yeosang, the schools fuckboy yells out to me. Jungkook comes up beside him.

'What do you mean get beat up?' He looks at Kyle unsurely.

'Darling, I'm the best fighter here,' I raise my arms quickly in glory before placing them back down to cover myself. He smirks at me. Ah Oh.

'Well Scarlett, I challenge you to an official fight right now,' I go wide eyes and stare down at my shorts, today of all the days.

'Do you see what I am wearing!' I yell at him, wide eyed

'More of the reason to spar,' he winks, I'm going to beat you, one way or another.

I nod, and Coach calls for the mat to be cleared. We stand opposite each other in opposite corners of the wrestling mat, ready to spar. We both lunge but I slid under, hooking, and landing a punch to his ribs, an ooh rings as he looks shocked, our positions now swapped. He recalculates and moves slowly, smart. We are arms distance away his reach longer than mine, I had to be quicker than him. He jabs, and I step closer he jabs again as I slip punching him in the body before bouncing behind him I jump on his back placing my leg around his trying to bring him to the ground, I bring him down and go to pin, but he throws me off.

I get up back in our original position, he moves quickly and I dodge hitting him in the face, he retaliates and smacks me in the ribs then face, I back off quickly smirking, at least he could land one, he thinks almost and smirks, he moves closer as I do I slip under his punch but then he grabs me using his weight to bring me to the ground. He is just too heavy to kick or buck off Why does he have to be so muscly, his face close to mine as I wriggle and him looking for a pin, a lightbulb enters my head, as I slowly bring my hand to his cheek, caressing it, his eyes connect to mine darkening. Gotcha, his body goes loose and as he lowers his face I slip his leg out sliding out the opposite siding and pinning him, my knee in the centre of his back and his arm placed in a hold which he cannot move without dislocation.

'And the winner and still reigning champion, Scarlett,' He stands up shocked as I walk away but all guys are locked to me, MY SHORTS I look back and see that my shorts have move all the way up, my ass bare for the world to see, I quickly pull my shorts down.

'Why didnt you tell me coach?!' I look at him crazily, as Yeonsang and pals wolf whistle at my little show.

'I didn't want you to lose,' He says apologetically.

'I did not lose that was unfair,' a flustered Jungkook appears by me, 'I want a rematch,' his sweat dripping down the side of his temple,

'Didn't you ever get taught, in a fight never let emotion become involved including lust,' I smirk flicking his nose, teasing him. All confidence is lost as I crab shuffle to the changing rooms.

***

Buzz Buzz Buzz, I throw my phone across the room, since I beat Jungkook yesterday with my little trick, people had been non-stop messaging me both in awe, jealous, lust and anger. It was 7:48 am and reckoning day, I pray to God to place me in the good hands of fate. I think of myself as a very humble, kind but justifiable person. I walk down stairs changed and ready to go, a white pair of gloves waiting for me, the white gloves to be put on so that when 12:00 strikes we can reveal our new abilities as young luminescents.

I eat breakfast and wait for Dad to come downstairs, 'Mum wheres dad?' She looks at me with sad eyes and she comes close and whispers, 'Scarlett, the Judas Society is back, dont tell your brother,' I nod quickly, still in shock, anything would be better. The Judas Society was the original hierarchy of the world and the mass killers of the great war, their supporters hunted newly lumis in search for warriors to one day in the future plunge the luminescent nations into war once again.

'But dont worry, you will be rewarded today, I have a little secret, the night before I conceived you a little white light came and said to me, you will have a little girl and she will be beautiful name her Scarlett, fate has something in store for you,' I smiled brightly as I pull my gloves on staring at the last time I will see my hands with no light in their etchings.

***

'Omg only three minutes til we know,' Lucy claps excitedly, I am so happy for her and I truly hope she gets purple. I smile brightly as we are seated into the assembly hall, everyone wearing white gloves. 11:59, I was ready I closed my eyes, the white light from my sleep appearing but, in a figure, it whispers to me in my ear.

'Its not what it seems, trust me stay hidden,' I open my eyes as the bells chime a loud chorus of cheers echo through the hall as we throw off our gloves and look to our hands a bright light striking the whole room colours illuminating the whole room, like light piercing through church stained windows. My eyes settle and my heart drops to a faint soft brown glow; I had no abilities, I tear up slightly, forgetting the words.

'Oh my god, I got purple,' I look to Lucy her eyes smiling brightly, she was crying with joy I hug her tightly, as I hear other people yell out in excitement.

'Omg I'm orange,' Aaron smiles brightly

'I'm green,' Maria smiles

'I'm blue,' Jessica screeches, happily they turn to me, tears in my eyes, I show them my hands a gasp leaving Lucy's mouth in shock, she hugs me tightly. A maniacal laugh comes from Jessica, 'You're telling me I faked being friends with you and you end up being a human, wow I should have seen it coming,' I am left shocked at her blatant hate, she stayed with me all this time because of my parents, her face turns deadly to me, 'Come on guys we dont need her anymore,' Maria leaves quickly without any remorse and Aaron leaves with a pitiful look on his face. I cry, Lucy hugging me, my only friend left, giving my support as the day could not possibly get any worse

'Don't worry, fate will have something for you,' She hugs me tighter, a tap of the mic signals everyone to look forward.

'I'm sorry to the following students but for all those brown luminescents come forward,' I stand with three other people, gasps echo through the crowd as I walk to the stage, my eyes blurred by tears, I feel my thoughts brighten, Lucy. I smile gratefully for my friend, 'Say your goodbyes as they will be transferred as maids, cleaners and servers to Jungkook's family,' I snap my eyes to his, he looks at me almost saddened. He walks up to the stage, a gasp echoes, his hands radiate a dark blow glow, he is a black luminescent, the principal kneels and so does everyone else.

We hold as I get down on my knees and bow to him, tears in my eyes, 'Scarlett, look at how things have changed oh so quickly, and you thought you were something special,' I shake my head, still in denial. He nods for everyone to stand but I stay on my knees and that's when the wall exploded.