thirteen: You Wish it was Like That.

"You're dating Luke Hemmings?" a girl asks, eyes wide. I nod, pursing my lips. This has to be the hundredth time someone has asked me this sort of question, and it's getting on my last nerve.

"That's so cool," she continues, seeming not to get the hint, "Does he ever stop by around here?" Though this girl is trying to be nonchalant about her curiosity, I roll my eyes.

"Afraid not," I respond, turning back to the window. God, I don't even know this girl's name. "He's pretty busy with his music and stuff."

"Oh, okay," she replies, sitting back down in her seat.

I pull out my phone, hiding it in my desk

Luke: how's your day babe? (-:

me: here we go again with the noses

Luke: (————-:

me: bye

Luke: :P come to dinner with me tonight?

me: of course ((:

"Abby, put your phone away before you get in trouble!" a girl with straight, brown hair says, purposely talking as loud as she can. I look up from my desk to see all eyes on me. Great.

Our teacher walks toward me, holding out his hand. I send a glare in the mysterious girl's direction before dropping it in his palm.

"Was that Luke?" the same girl from earlier asks. I turn my attention to her. At this point, I don't care if I get in trouble.

"Yeah," I whisper, my gaze trained on the tattle-tale.

The girl beside me turns around to see what I'm looking at and nods at the tattle-tale. "Her name is Jade," she tells me. "Don't take anything she says personally, she's a bitch."

I nod my head and turn back to the girl beside me. "I'm really sorry, but I forgot your name."

She smiles. "It's Andrea." I decide I like Andrea.

After a few more minutes of conversation with Andrea, the bell rings and students begin filing out of the classroom. I gather my things together, wave at Andrea, and walk to our teacher's desk to get my phone back. I get told off with a small warning, not that I listen, before I walk out the door and run straight into Emeri. Her usual black hair - that's always in a bun - is now straightened and matted to the side of her head.

"I like your hair," I say.

"Thanks." She smiles. "How are things going? I haven't talked to you in forever."

"Amazing, actually!" Her eyes dart to the lockers. "I have a boyfriend now," I mumble.

Her head snaps back toward me, "Of course you do."

Ignoring my friend's comment, I march into the English room and set my stuff on my desk so I don't have to bring it back and fourth. Emeri does the same.

"How come you haven't been eating with me the past few days?" She asks as we step out onto the courtyard.

"Luke." I blush, scratching the back of my neck.

She nods her head in understanding and then turns to me. "You guys are disgusting." She finally says.

I let out a laugh. "It's not like that."