𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 // 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐥𝐞𝐲 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞

Jeremy shifted awake, noticing a few things as he awoke. He was on the the floor of Michael's basement, the carpet gave that away, he was covered in a small blanket, Michael was on the couch, still asleep. And he had near to no memory of last night.

Oh, so he got stoned in Michael's basement.

He sat up a little, still pretty tired, until he realized it was near to noon and tonight was the night he was supposed to meet Evan and Heidi. He still had a bunch of homework and needed to start showering and getting ready in about 4 hours to meet the 5 o'clock reservation time.

Heidi and Mr. Heere's relationship had only recently been exposed to Jeremy. Mr. Heere had explained to his son that before they involved the boys they wanted to really make sure everything was perfect and that they were right for each other. Even if that involved a solid 3 months of sneaking around to go on dates.

But, when Jeremy was told this a few days ago he was also told some important news. If all goes well tonight, the Hansens may move in.

Now, at first, this news excited Jeremy. He had always wanted an older brother, and to be completely honest, he missed a good motherly figure in his life.

Then came the in depth questions; where would Evan sleep? Would they be forced to share a room? What if Evan was homophobic? What if Heidi was homophobic? What if Evan wasn't happy about moving in?

He explained all these thoughts to his dad.

The answers were as following; Evan would share a room with Jeremy, but if they move in then the Hansens would be having a yard sale before they moved out. Jeremy would be welcome to set up a table to sell stuff as well. Whatever money raised by the boys would go towards renovating the basement into a large bedroom for the boys to share. The basement already had a bathroom and was mildly decent. It wasn't a unfinished cold damp place, more of a warm welcoming carpeted large room with a hardwood floored bathroom. When they were sold the house, the couple living their used to rent out the basement like a small apartment, but now, it was just used for laundry. Jeremy's bedroom would become the new laundry room. Sure the basement would need a little cleaning and personalizing., but it was in decently good shape for a smaller house. Evan apparently was out as bi to his excepting mom and although anxious, seemed kinda happy to move in. like a fresh start.

Jeremy had recently come out to his dad about being bi as well, but unlike Evan, he was not publicly out. Jeremy had quickly began planning design ideas, and thought about offering up painting the walls in stripes all the way across with the colors of the bi flag might be a nice touch.

So he stood up, walking over to Michael to tell him he had to leave, to which he was met with the generous response of being whacked with a pillow and, "See ya later homo, i mean homie, well... same difference." This causing Jeremy to roll his eyes, smile lightly and trudge up the stairs.

Once finally home, the boy flopped down on his bed with a heavy sigh. The hours of homework seemed to taunt him as it rested peacefully in the red school bad tossed lazily on the floor.

Would this be a bad time to open up this laptop and-

Bzzzt! His phone buzzed as if a symbol from the gods. Sitting in his room alone, this was not the time to, well have some, uh, alone time...

Jeremy stretched a bit, arching his back and yawning. He twisted to his right, a satisfying pop coming from his bones. Then he repeated the process to the left, a slightly less satisfying noise crisping in its existence. Rolling onto one side he clutched a fist in his hand, one by one pushing down the fingers until either a small crack emitted or he felt a stressed pain.