Genetics Lab

Alexandra's P.O.V.

"Ms. Farmer, your presence is requested at the Raptor Incubator."

"It's that time already?"

I stood from my desk and followed one of the scientists that worked in the Genetics Lab. The familiar screeches of the baby Dinosaurs I was raising filled my ears as I passed the Nursery and Play Area that was located in the Lab. I paused in the doorway of the area and watched the two creatures run around and play with the other babies. They both ran toward the door when they realized I was standing there.

"Good thing the glass is indestructible." The scientist guiding me to the Raptor Incubator laughed as the two scratched at the door.

I got on my knees and held my hands to the glass, causing both of the Dinosaurs to rub up against where my hands were.

"Hi there, boys. Sorry, but I can't get you out yet." I muttered.

Midnight and Swiftscale, the names of my Dinosaurs, whined and clawed at the door again. Midnight was a black Raptor, his eyes bright blue while the markings on his body were pearl white. Swiftscale was a light blue Parasaurolophus, his eyes a mossy green color and his body markings a soft green color. They had both been born around the same time, so they were currently the same size.

"I believe you can bring them along. Midnight may want to see his future pack." The scientist said.

I immediately reached up and let the two out. I closed the door before any of the other baby Dinosaurs noticed, and I laughed as Midnight and Swiftscale tackled me. Once they calmed down, I stood up straight.

"Lead the way." I said to the scientist.

He started walking away, and I whistled to Midnight and Swiftscale as I followed him. The two Dinosaurs automatically chased after us as we walked. I held my hand up when we were stopped by one of the security guards standing outside of the Raptor Incubator room. Midnight and Swiftscale both stood at my feet.

"Sorry, but those things aren't allowed in." The guard said, motioning the but of his gun toward Midnight and Swiftscale.

"Right. Would you like to look after them?" I asked.

"Take them back to the Nursery."

"I don't think so. Wherever I go, they go. That's the rules when it comes to these two."

I continued to argue with the guard until Midnight screeched and ran off. I kept my eyes on him and sighed in relief when he ran to one of the geneticists. The man bent down and lifted Midnight up into his arms, walking over to me.

"Sorry about that, Doc. Midnight was always fond of you during his time in the Incubator before being moved out." I muttered as the geneticist put Midnight down on the floor.

"It's alright, Alexandra. He was one of the more fascinating specimen among that clutch of eggs." He replied.

Doctor Henry Wu was a senior member of InGen's project to recreate Dinosaurs. He was Chinese American and was from Ohio. His jet black hair was neatly combed to the side.

"When you had asked me to create a pure black Raptor so long ago, I never believed that it was possible to control the coloring of the offspring." Henry muttered, looking down at Midnight. "Such a shame that Midnight was the only one out of the clutch with the coloring."

"It just means that he's unique, Doc. I never did thank you for making him." I said.

"No need to thank me. He is a wonderful creature."

The guard continued to ramble on about how there were no Dinosaurs allowed inside the Incubator after being moved to the Nursery. Henry simply waved his hand at the guard after a few minutes.

"These two are an exception." He said.

The guard stared at him before stepping to the side. Henry walked up to the electronic lock for the door and placed his hand against it. Midnight screeched and ran after him when he walked inside. I lifted Swiftscale into my arms and followed after the two.

"This clutch still needs about three days to hatch, and the one over there needs two weeks. It's this clutch here that is ready." Henry led the way to the incubator that was labeled with the number seven.

I looked into the incubator. There were five eggs inside it, and one in particular had black markings on it. I placed my hand on the glass.

"That one there is supposed to be the special one, right?" I asked.

"Yes. It must have a coloration that is different to the rest." Henry replied.

He reached forward and unlocked the incubator as the egg started hatching. Midnight screeched and clawed at my leg. Henry reached down and picked him up before he could scratch me. I kept my eyes on the egg as it wiggled, and I smiled as it began to crack. I looked at Henry as the egg cracked open more. A small Raptor popped its head out of the egg.

"I've never seen a Raptor with that color before." I whispered.

The baby had a bright orange colored body, and its markings were yellow. It's eyes were the same shade of yellow as its markings. It screeched as it looked around, and it focused on me.

"What do you think it should be named?" Henry asked.

I reached forward, and I smiled as the Raptor sniffed my hand. I looked at Henry as the Raptor rubbed its head against my palm.

"Sunny."