Upgrade

Alexandra's P.O.V.

I wasn't entirely sure how long I had been in Henry's office. I had been sketching in one of my notebooks for a while before I dozed off. Blight's soft breathing from her mossy bed had helped me drift to sleep. The sound of the lab opening echoed in my ears, and the quiet tapping of shoes let me know that it was a human that entered the lab. A sigh came from beside me, and I felt something being draped over me.

"Dr. Wu, we should be heading to the-." I could recognize the voice as one of Henry's assistants, but I had never bothered to learn any of their names.

"Sh!" Henry's voice was hushed as he made the sound. "I'll meet you there."

The assistant left the room, the door closing behind them. My chair began to slide away from the desk, and my body felt so heavy the I nearly collapsed out of it after not having the desk as upper body support. Henry caught me before I fell, getting me to lean back in the chair.

"Are you completely asleep?" He muttered.

I groaned in response, causing him to chuckle. He almost effortlessly lifted me up off of the chair, only groaning under his breath as he regained his balance. I heard Blight's questioning chirp as Henry left the lab, pausing long enough for the black velociraptor to get out before the door closed. Muttered voices were around us as Henry walked through the halls with me in his arms. It wasn't a far journey, though.

The sound of a heavy set wooden door being opened and swinging away from us was an almost unfamiliar sound now that I was used to automated and steel doors. I opened my eyes enough to look at the room we were now in, and I found myself in awe. The contents of the room were minimalistic, but it was a large and open living quarters. The room itself was the size of a lab.

"Is this-?" I mumbled.

"My living quarters." Henry confirmed my thoughts. 

He set me down on my feet after noticing my curiosity, and he uses his foot to gently kick the door shut as I wandered through the room. Shelves were neatly placed in a corner, picture frames and books on genetics and splicing taking up space. Several of the picture frames had images of different dinosaurs, most likely his own creations. I reached out and lifted one of the face down frames, and I was taken by surprise at the image within it. It was of a picture I had taken myself on Henry's phone, having stolen it one day while we were off of the island.

 It was of a picture I had taken myself on Henry's phone, having stolen it one day while we were off of the island

"Why was this one face down?" I asked, turning to look at Henry.

"There have been a few InGen representatives around the lab lately. It would be in better favor if our....relationship.... wasn't prominent enough for them to take action about it." He shrugged.

"Relationship?" I raised an eyebrow. "Last time I checked, Dr. Wu, we aren't in a relationship."

"Don't even go there." He snapped.