Stressful Tours

Alexandra's P.O.V.

I stared at the creature before me in both awe and horror. Henry had kept the creature hidden away from a majority of the Genetics Facility, choosing to show me it as it reached its third week of life.

"It's.....not a raptor?" I questioned.

"I has raptor DNA." He repeated once more. "It's an entire mixture of multiple dinosaurs, but it isn't primarily any of them."

"And you say it's going to be larger than a T-Rex?"

"It should be."

I nodded slowly. "Right."

The creature, albino in color and far more hostile than anything on the island, snapped its tiny jaws at the living foal that was released into its small enclosure. I raised an eyebrow as it chased the animal, toying with its food like a natural predator would. I looked at Henry as the genetic experiment lunged onto the foal.

"And you suppose that this thing is going to increase visitors here at the park?" I asked.

"By an enormous amount." He stated.

"Do you expect it to stay in this small enclosure?"

"A larger containment unit is being constructed for it."

Henry turned and began to walk toward the nursery. I took one last glance at the Indominous Rex before I followed him. He stopped at the first set of glass windows, standing with his hands behind his back. Once I was standing next to him, a small cry made me look inside.

A wave of fear washed over me at the sight of the fully black creature. Its markings, an ocean blue instead of pearl white, didn't stop me from having flashbacks of the larger version of it standing over me, its jaw snapping at me as if to eat me. The small and frail creature looked at me as if it could sense my presence, and its silenced roar made me step back from the glass. Henry pressed his hand into my lower back after stepping closer.

"It's yours." He muttered. "I took samples of Midnight's DNA to make it. I also made sure that it has the behavior and docile nature of an herbivore."

The small creature scurried up to the glass, and I fell to my knees as I stared at it. The way it tilted its head in curiosity as it looked at me nearly made me cry, reminded me so much of Midnight when he was an infant.

"Do you have a name for it?" Henry asked.

"Blight."

~

"I-Is it safe to have that thing walking around freely?"

"It hasn't attacked you yet, right?"

"U-Uh huh."

"Then it's safe."

Blight had grown remarkably tall in just the week that I had her. She was already up to my hips, and she followed me around like a lost puppy no matter where I went in the facility. Henry often chuckled whenever I'd approach him, Blight quick on my heels and happily begging for his affection.

"Why do you even have that thing?" One of the young college students visiting the facility, I had already forgotten her name despite learning it only an hour ago, asked.

"Blight here is more of a therapy dinosaur." I explained. "I was attacked because of my own stupid actions, so Dr. Wu created a docile version of the species that attacked me to help me better cope back into working with the creatures."

"It's never attacked a human?"

"As far as I know, she hasn't."

My statement didn't seem to ease their fear. Blight yipped and tilted her head in curiosity as they all continued to look at her.