Control

Alexandra's P.O.V.

"What the hell happened? Why are there three workers down there with the Raptors in the pin?"

"They were cleaning out the cage while the Raptors were chasing their meal for the day. Midnight and Sunny opened the door to get back in before the workers were done!"

"How many pigs did you let loose today?"

"One!"

"It's supposed to be three!"

I huffed in frustration as I stared down into the Raptor Enclosure. Henry, who had followed me, was crouched over trying to catch his breath from running so far.

"Wait! You can't go in there!" He croaked as I got ready to throw myself over the rails.

"If I don't go in there, those people are going to be Midnight's last meal before he's killed!" I yelled, anger boiling in my veins. "Yell at me all you want later, Doc. I gotta do something!"

I pulled myself up and over the rails with ease, and I fell straight down into the pin. I did a barrel roll as my feet hit the ground to lessen the impact of my fall, and I ran to where the Raptors had the workers cornered. I whistled to try and get their attention, but they were entirely focused on the meat bags in front of them. I growled as I looked around, and I prayed that my plan would work. I ran toward the Raptors and slid across the ground underneath one of them. I stood up when I was on the other side, and I immediately moved to look at Midnight.

"Easy, Boy." I hissed, holding my hand palm out toward him.

He roared as if he was angry. I held my other hand up to stop the other Raptors from moving forward. The three workers stayed behind me.

"Back up, Mid. I don't want to hurt you." I snapped, showing him that I wasn't afraid.

He snapped his jaw at me, and I stared directly at his eyes. I took a step forward, and they all jumped back slightly. Sunny grew frustrated and clawed at the ground with her feet. Midnight immediately barked at her. I continued to walk forward, and the workers ran for the door when I gave them enough room to. I stepped back toward the door, and Midnight followed my movement. I took a deep breath before I turned my back on them and bolted toward the door. I slid across the ground and under the door as the operators slammed it shut. Midnight growled and hissed as he tried to claw at me through the openings.

"Someone please remove the Raptor Opening Mechanisms. I honestly don't want to put my life at risk again because you idiots don't know how to feed the things." I snapped, brushing the dirt off of my clothes as I walked away from the door.

Henry ran up to me, more winded now than he was a few minutes ago. I raised an eyebrow as his eyes ran over me from head to toe.

"I'm not hurt, Doc, if that's what you're worried about." I said.

"Are you out of your mind? You could've been killed!" He yelled when he caught his breath.

"Then you'd feel guilty. You are the one who made a majority of these monsters."

Henry frowned as he looked at me. I continued to brush the dirt off of my clothes and hissed as my right arm throbbed. I looked at the underside of my arm and saw that there was a long scratch.

"One of them must have lost a claw recently. There would be three scratches if one attacked me." I muttered when I could see the worry in Henry's eyes.