~3~

1898

"The hallows are the key to everything Albus. You and I, we can rule over it all. Wizard dominance, just like we wanted."

Grindelwald lay in the summer grass, facing upwards towards the bright sky, a book held in both of his hands as Albus lay next to him.

Albus was facing Gellert, unnoticed by the other boy who was too infatuated with the book in his hands to notice.

All Albus could see was Gellert. His glossy blonde hair, falling down his face to cover his beautiful, mismatched eyes, along with the brisk pink shade that coloured his perfect cheeks. He was dazed.

"Albus. This is it, the deathly hallows. The cloak of invisibility, the resurrection stone, the elder wand..."

Albus had closed his eyes. His hearing was still acquitted, as he dozed off to the sound of Gellert's beautiful toned voice. But the break in his voice told him that he'd noticed the change in Albus' attention.

Gellert slowly lowered the book.

"My friend, it seems you have not been listening to a word of my tales. Maybe if you opened your eyes."

Albus opened his golden eyes and stared back at Gellert, smiling in his wake. "There are better things to look at..." He breathed out.

Grindelwald gave Albus one of his infamous smirks. "I guess your right. I am perfect!" He laughed.

Albus returned a brief smile.

When Gellert turned on his side to face Albus, he moved his hand across Albus' face to move a handful of hairs out of his eyes, causing a brief blush to appear on Albus' already pink cheeks.

Gellert smirked again.

He wasn't an idiot, he knew what Albus felt for him was more than friendship. In a way it was a bonus for him because thinking ahead, Albus was more likely to stand with the hallows as long as Gellert himself did, as a partnership they could explore together.

But then there was something else. A hidden feeling Gellert had pushed aside, thinking it was merely a passing glance or a false emotion.

To him, this was rare. Very rare. Something that had never happened before. But Albus was the only other person that had ever understood him for what he wanted to achieve, and accepted the fact that he was always going to be his first and most important asset.

Their faces symmetrical in the grass, Gellert began to feel a hinge of an uncomfortable notion. He pulled away slightly from his friend. "I've been thinking, Albus..."

"You think too much, Gellert. Turn off the cogs inside your head and look at me for once. Really look at me, because I want you to see behind the vail that I've drawn. I want you to see me first. Just this once."

In the dusty summer wind, Grindelwald's one pale eye seemed brighter than it had ever seemed before.

His individuality had always fascinated Albus, liking him even more when they had gotten to know each other better. The white eye glistening, as if telling him that it had a mind of its own and was taking in the secret behind the masked wizard.

"I know." Was all he said.

For that was enough to send Albus into a frenzy.

Does he know? Is that a yes? Is this just a clarification that he knows? Does he want what I want?

Gellert laughed.

"I can see your thoughts ticking. Now you turn off your brain, Albus."

Albus had always loved the way Gellert laughed. Besides the smirks he always gave, the laugh was the closest thing to a smile. He almost always made himself laugh from silly remarks Albus had made himself, but it was always nice to see him laugh like that.

His lips had curved at the edges. The way his teeth broadened was too much emotion for Gellert to comfortably show, almost immediately clamping his hand over his mouth to stop the immediate happiness.

But Albus didn't care.

He just wished he could take his hand in Grindelwald's for more than a friendship grasp. He could already imagine the soft touch of his fingertips grasping down on his wrist before moving up his arm, getting closer to his shoulder...

"I want you to close your eyes."

"But...what?" He whimpered. Not realising how pathetic he had sounded until it was too late.

"No buts, Albus. I think you need to trust me more, dear friend. I'll be kind, I swear."

Albus gained his headway, closing his eyes out of embarrassment mainly, as well as intrigue of what Gellert was up to.

"For you my friend have been through some tough times with me. I have been here with you, as you have with me. As my closest friend, and dearest companion, I tell you, I want to make you happy."

Before Albus could open his eyes Gellert softly, but swiftly brought his own lips lightly upon Albus'. The two in an unbreakable embrace, of conformity and self-love.

It was brief and soft and loving, which was all he had ever wanted from his friend. Wanting this to be the first of many, he closed his eyes again to indulge in the moment.

And he couldn't have been more right.

~~~
I thought to scrap this chapter but I wanted a brief moment of the two indulging in a romantic embrace as teenagers. Good?
Also I'll be updating once or twice a week, so you got something to look forward to weekly...yay!!!