~14~

Gellert's visions had been unpredictable recently. He was hoping for a sighting of Credence. Hoping to understand where to find the boy that would help him in his conquest.

But instead the visions before him had been a thing of passion. Albus and himself locked in multiple embraces. Past and present.

In a way it was unprecedented because he was currently surrounded by a multitude of peers, including Miss Rosier herself, Abernathy, and a few other loyal followers who had gathered to witness his visionary marvel, inside of a safe house that they had...acquired.

However, what had first been a triumph of finding out Credence's location in Paris, Grindelwald had found it particularly more annoying when he couldn't stop seeing flashes of Albus.

Mostly past and present images he recalled. All picturing happiness. But on the random cycle of images, he also came across mere blips of an immediate future. Showing more images of Albus in very close proximity to himself.

But that was it.

There was no explanation of the images, he only saw Albus. And so did his peers in the room with him.

"I could have assured you that Dumbledore was the reason for slowing down the mission, but these visions are not of the future, Grindelwald." Another follower, Krall, spoke against him.

He was a more timid man, yet questioning of the cause, especially recently since Grindelwald was in a more wary headspace since his reconnection with Dumbledore.

A sudden breath was held in the room.

To speak against the feared wizard was a crime in itself to his followers.

The others in retaliation took a step back, to watch as Gellert made a slow walk towards Krall at the other end of the room.

"Who holds the greatest threat to our cause?"

"Albus Dumbledore."

"And because of this, he therefore holds the greatest anointment to our collective."

Gellert smiled. A sinister, slapdash smile that made Krall's skin crawl. He obviously didn't say anything about it though.

With his face up against Krall's he breathed an aroma of contentment, watching his brain work with many questions locked inside his pretty little brain, before turning on his heel so he could relieve everyone of the room.

Getting the memo, as soon as Gellert had raised his wand they apparated away. One by one, a mist of grey dust, that disappeared without a trace. Everyone except Vinda, that is.

For once, Gellert was not pleased she had stayed. He could feel the wind from the open window entering the cold room. Something had felt wrong the entire time they were in the vicinity of the room.

Vinda went to speak. "Somethings wrong. You always go silent when something's wrong!!"

"You are not needed here, Miss Rosier. You are relieved, as the others were." The more harsh tone was unsettling, even by his standards.

She gave him a scowl.

"No more distractions." She said.
And with that she left, holding her wand high above her head before becoming that familiar grey mist that the others had become themselves.

For some reason, Gellert had been holding a breath that he'd just let out. He never got distracted. He felt angry at her. Angry that she'd even mention something like that.

But of course she had meant Albus.

Albus wasn't a distraction. He was an alignment. His partner in crime to a certain degree, but thinking about him just made the paranoia worse.