~21 Part A~

After returning to Paris, the unbreakable link was tightly tethered between both men. Holding hands under the beautiful nightfall was even more intimate now that they both shared exactly the same ideals.

Albus stopped, holding his head in a sudden pain. "Ahh...must be a migraine."

"We're almost there Albus. You must continue. Let's go...!" Grabbing Albus' hand once more who was only too willing to take ahold and trek further down the cobbled streets.

The walk was short, but soon after they had arrived at their destination.

A tall, amphitheatre like building stood proudly in front of them. As if it were posing, the beauty of the atmosphere that succumbed the structure was astonishing. Albus gasped in awe.

"You look stunned, Albus."

"Of course I do. It's marvellous."

"But you've seen it before. We're going to hold our meeting here...don't you remember?"

Albus paused. "Of course I do...must've slipped my mind." He nervously responded.

Gellert gave him a side glance but thought nothing of it. Instead contemplating on the route to take indoors.

"Take my hand, Albus."

Without hesitation he did so, and before Albus could even think about questioning him, there was a swift gust of air and they both reappeared inside the building.

"Warn me next time!" Albus breathed out. Catching his breath from the sudden transportation.

Gellert laughed to himself, looking around cautiously as if surveying the area. First thing that was clear, was the attendance of the room. It was packed, and not only that, they had ended up near enough in the centre of the crowd. A few rows from the bottom, and someone called out:

"Grindelwald! Grindelwald! Grindelwald!"

This was followed by a domino effect circulating the circumference of the room. The crowds cheering, some people pointing, and one person smiling in adoration, directly into the eyes of his beloved.

Gellert felt the praise as he did the feelings he had for Albus, but to prioritise one of the other was more difficult a decision than he had wanted it to be.

He gave Albus one last kiss on the cheek, whispering in his ear, before letting go of his hand and walking down the steps where his right hand woman stood waiting; Miss Rosier.

Flicking his coat back, he held out his arms, adoring the crowd as he had before. Feeling the wisdom and freedom of a leader that was destined for further greatness. The crowd continued and he held onto that praise for just a little longer.

When the voices had died down though, his face turned into a stern remark. Something that held discarded feelings, even though the expression was just as quickly wiped away by a smirk-like smile.

"My brothers, my sisters, my friends: the great gift of your applause is not for me. No. It is for yourselves. You came today because of a craving and a knowledge that the old ways serve us no longer...you come today because you crave something new, something different."

Albus looked through the crowd. The admiration was imminent, but just as strong was the hatred that he could feel within himself. He was uncertain where it was coming from, but once more he held his head in an abrupt pain.

Amongst the crowd, he noticed several anomalies. Faces that didn't belong, along which was Credence: the boy who did not fit in the equation where Albus and Gellert could live in harmony. He just didn't know why Gellert had needed him.