~17~

Days had turned into weeks.

Albus had cemented his place at the centre of Gellert's alliance. His main point of no return not because he was one hundred percent certain of the policies of Gellert's conquest, but because his love had blossomed further.

Gellert had not specifically returned the notion of those three words, but had shown it physically and emotionally in every other way.

The day was cold. Muggy. They had remained in Paris, having not made any contact with Credence as of yet.

Gellert however, always had his secrets. Rash plotting against the will of his partner. But he knew that Albus accepted him. Accepted him as himself, and in return he gave him what constituted as love, without the words and opened acceptance.

As much as his admiration for Albus was almost matched for what Albus felt for him, he still had his restrictions. Another purpose behind the vale that he was unsure on whether Albus would be reliable.

So to almost claim that responsibility back, he had asked Albus to accompany him to the streets of Paris.

A rally was to take place.

One Gellert had invested his followers to attend and a few others who were able to spread the word further.

Albus knew of Gellert's further plans, though. This was just a mere glimpse of his larger gathering he'd planned for the auditorium in a few weeks time.

This was only the beginning.

"Don't worry, my dear Albus. All will be well. The greater cause is here. The greater good will be the future."

Albus had leant into Gellert's words, both with feeling and reverence. Whenever Gellert uttered his name, a new emotion took over him. The will to follow and protect. To never go against the will of his partner, somewhat like a marital couples vows.

However, the day had soon progressed from then.

Gellert had walked Albus to the streets of Paris, a quieter establishment, but all the while bustling with the magic folk that had heard whispers of Gellert Grindelwald's arrival.

Vinda kept close pace behind the pair as they walked in unison down the cobbled streets. The others had not been called on yet, a surprise to be witnessed with Albus' alliance to the greater cause when they got there.

Albus had an urge to grab hold of Gellert's hand. A feeling he had being trying to hold back, especially in the company of other witches and wizards who saw his partner as the man to look up to, who wasn't held down by anyone in any way.

So he decided otherwise. Keeping his own hands steady by his side, clenched in fists.

The streets were undeniably busy. Albus had been wary on how the wizard folk were going to find a gathering spot in the broad daylight.

But Gellert had almost immediately answered the question without even looking or knowing what Albus was thinking.

They came to an underpass. A small bridge that leant over the cobbled street they were walking on.

He stopped suddenly.

Albus had systematically carried on, but stopped as soon as he saw Gellert looking curiously at the bricked wall that started the base of the bridge.