Losing Him

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Yoongi opened his eyes to the sound of beeping. His vision was blurry due to the bright sunlight and he rubbed his eyes, trying adjust to his surroundings.

When his eyes finally cleared up, he found himself being stared at by his friends, that were currently looking over him.

Jin: "Yoongi, you're awake! Thank god! We were so worried!"

Yoongi sat up, his head pounding with every breathe he took.

Yoongi: "What happened?"

Everyone's movements stopped and they became silent, glancing at each other.

Jungkook: "After the line...went flat, You hyperventilated and fainted."

Yoongi eyes widened, beginning to remember the events that happened before. The blood, the hospital, the room, the flatline, Jimin dead.
Yoongi's breathing became faster, feeling the guilt coming back to him. Jin rushed to his side and instead of calming down Yoongi, he began to yell at Jungkook.

Jin: "Yah, Jungkook! You make it sound like Jimin actually died!"

Yoongi's face shot up upon hearing Jin's sentence. Jin mentally cursed, feeling stupid for saying that out loud. Yoongi gripped onto Jin's sleeve.

Yoongi: "What do you mean?!"

Jin sighed, immediately getting a slap on the back of the head by Namjoon.

Namjoon: "Well, you see..."

*********

        Yoongi sat next to the bed, staring at Jimin's breathing body. Namjoon and Taehyung were beside Yoongi while the others went to pay for the hospital bills.

Yoongi: "I heard the line go flat. What happened?"

Taehyung placed his hand on Yoongi's shoulder, his own eyes showing a bright orange color. (Don't forget that Taehyung also has the mutation. Orange means unsettled or troubled)

Taehyung: "Yes, at first, Jimin did die. But after you fainted, his pulse came back and he started breathing again. Doctor called it a miracle that he was still alive. But..."

Taehyung bit his lip, looking at Namjoon for assistance.

Namjoon: "Doctor also said that whether he wakes up or not, is still a mystery. He might wake up tomorrow, or next week, or next month, or..."

Yoongi: "Or he might not wake up at all. So what you're saying is that he's in a coma?"

Namjoon sighed and nodded his head. Taehyung began to cry so he left the room, afraid that he would make Yoongi cry too.
Yoongi stared at Jimin's hand, grabbing it and placing it on his cheek. Jimin's hand radiated warmth onto Yoongi's cheek and he closed his eyes.

Namjoon: "Listen Yoongi, I know you love him."

Yoongi: "I- We're just friends, Namjoon."

Namjoon scoffed.

Namjoon: "I've seen you almost snap your neck because you heard him laugh and you wanted to see why he was laughing. The way you look at him, and even the way he looks at you, isn't how friends would look at each other. It's the way I look at Jin. And Jungkook to Taehyung. But yeah, keep telling yourself that y'all are just friends."

Yoongi sighed and looked at Jimin's face again.

Yoongi: "How does someone so beautiful and special, end up like this?"