Reacting To Your Death

Daisy Johnson: You took a hit for Daisy. She rushed over, gathering you into her arms as her knees gave out and she slowly crumpled. There was nothing she could do to save you so instead, she comforted you to the best of her ability. After your death, Daisy leaves everything behind. She goes off on her own, believing that your death was her fault. She continues, not wanting to speak to anyone. Nightmares plague her and they're a constant reminder of what she lost that day.

"You can't die like this for me, it's wrong."

Grant Ward: Ward is sent spiraling after your death, blaming himself for not being able to protect you. As soon as he lays you down on the bed you both shared, he runs. He drives off into the night, with no particular destination, much to everyone's protest. He takes down targets on his own, not wanting help from anyone. He gets more reckless as he continues, endangering his life for no good reason, half hoping he'll die so that he can join you in whatever comes next. But no matter what, he keeps moving because as long as he's busy, he doesn't have to think about the fact that you're no longer there beside him.

"How do you say good-bye to someone you can't live without?"

Leopold Fitz: Fitz can't process that you're gone and not coming back, even though you died in his arms, his tears landing on your pale face. He blocks it out, rejecting the truth, as he goes through the motions. For as long as he can keep it up, he'll do everything the way you both did before that dreaded day. He'll set out two cups of coffee every morning and once the other one grows cold, he'll dump it out. He'll only use his side of the bed, leaving your side empty because maybe, just maybe, if he keeps everything the way it was before, you'll come back to him. He keeps waiting for you to show up knocking at his door, before collapsing into his arms. He keeps this up and rejects what everyone thinks; that he's going insane without you.

"I'm not strong enough to live in a world without you."

Jemma Simmons: She can't believe it at first, how can she? When she receives the news, she just stands there in utter shock, hoping with every fiber in her body that it's all just a cruel joke. But tears stream down her face when she realizes it's true, her knees giving up as she cries. She isolates herself for a while as she breaks down, not wanting any interaction or contact. When she's ready, she'll slowly integrate herself back with the team but she isn't the same Jemma. Her smile doesn't reach her eyes and the usual optimistic girl is no longer there because how can she be the same without you?

"I'm sorry I lost you. I feel like I'm losing myself too."

Melinda May: You were right in front of her, she could've protected you but was too busy fighting off a kree. All she could do was watch as you slipped away from blood loss. She took down the kree warrior out of rage and quickly ran over to your side trying to do anything that could possibly help but by then it was too late. She sat in silence, cradling your body. A tear fell onto your face as she struggled to keep it together. She wiped her eyes, apologizing to you over and over quietly blaming herself for your death. May grows even colder after the day she lost you, the most precious person in her life.

"I couldn't save her."

Phil Coulson: When Coulson gets the news of your death, he's completely heart broken. He hears what happened but can't seem to process it. Every day when he wakes up, he half-expects you to walk in, laughing about another lost tie, but each day is equally empty. He puts it off and refuses to believe it until he can't bear it anymore. He throws things around in anger and breaks down as a father does when he loses his child. He has an obligation to the team so he keeps his hopes up in front of them but when he locks himself into his office or room, he sobs, not being able to contain his grief.

"We need you. I need you. Please just come back."

Deke Shaw: Deke instantly panicked when he didn't see you return from a mission. He went into rage as soon as he heard, blaming everyone for not protecting you but as soon as his anger wore off, he stormed away, locking himself in his room. He started crying, hitting the ground as he realized that you aren't ever coming back. He couldn't stop crying, your death hurt him worse than anything he'd ever felt and after hours, the team searched for Deke, consoling him as best as they could when they found him, huddled in the corner of his room.

"It's more like I'm a damaged person. From a damaged world."