IMAGINE CELEBRATING JUGHEAD'S BIRTHDAY

A/N: UH THIS IS SUPER CUTE?!

WARNINGS: NONE! JUGHEAD BEING A CUTIE

- There's one thing Jughead hates more than surprises, his birthday

- You 100% supported Jughead and his PTSD from his birthday as a kid

- Instead every year you guys would see the double feature movie, you'd bring him a cupcake

- He loved it.

- He loves how respectful you are of his birthday and can never thank you enough for being the best girlfriend ever

- But Betty won't back down for shit

- You sat with Archie, Kevin, Veronica, and Betty during lunch when the idea came up,

"We should have a surprise party for Jug!" Betty smiled perking up

You and Archie exchanged glances shaking your heads, "No no no no."

Veronica raised an eyebrow, you sighed leaning on the table, "Jughead doesn't like his birthday."

Kevin scoffed rolling his eyes, "Everyone says that but never means it!"

You mentally face palm shaking your head, "No really, it-it's not a good idea guys."

Archie nodded in agreement but Betty wouldn't step down, "Oh please! It'll only be inner circle, he'll love it Y/N/N."

"As his girlfriend Bets, I think I would know." You spoke in the most polite way you could muster,

Betty ignores your comment and continued to plan, Archie said screw it going along with her plans. You sighed getting up leaving the table, you stayed silent while leaving the cafeteria not wanting anything to do with their plans.

Around an hour later you called Jughead, asking about the double feature. He claimed that you couldn't go due to river vixen practice,

"Wait what?" You asked baffled, "Where did you hear that?"

Jughead sighed, "I heard it from Betty, she's going to take me instead. Just- Next time tell me yourself yeah? I gotta go, I'll talk to you later."

- You were confused? You tried texting Jughead but he never read them, of course the premiere already started.

- You had no idea when the party was going to start, but you know god damn well that you weren't missing your boyfriends birthday

- When you arrived, there was music blasting and so many kids trashing Fred's house

- You squeeze through people holding Jughead's gift in your hand, Jughead wouldn't be caught dead in a party like this so you checked the only logical spot, the basement

"Hey"

Jughead's head lifted at the voice that was more than familiar to him, "Hey."

You sat down next to him, "I-I'm really sorry about this, I told them that you would prefer something else but Betty wouldn't budge."

Jughead shrugged continuing to pet Vegas, "Not your fault that you had practice."

You shook your head looking down, "I never had practice, I tried texting you but I guess they never went through."

Jughead's eyes squinted, "So Betty-"

You nodded, "She lies Jug."

"But why?" He asked sitting up,

You giggles under your breath, "It's more than obvious that she likes you Jughead."

His eyes widened, "Thats- No, that's not correct."

You smiled softly placing his present on his lap, "You can open it later."

Jughead nodded standing up, he also gently pulled you up by your hands to match his body movement. His arms wrapped around your body in a warm embrace that you've been missing all day. You breathed in his scent wrapping your arms around his torso, you smiled.

"I missed you." He mumbled, "I wish this could've gone like last year, or that time in seventh grade with Arch."

You looked up at him shaking your head, "He broke his arm Jug."

Jughead smirked placing his chin on your head, "That's what made it funny, he really thought you could use training wheels on a skateboard."

You smiled at the memory tightening your grip around him letting that one word slip for the first time, "I love you."

On the inside, Jughead was beaming with glee. He's only ever wanted to make you happy. Now it seems he succeeded, "I love you too Y/N."

That was Jughead's favorite birthday.