Chapter 19

Jaiden and Andrew walked into the living room. "Andrew, I've been meaning to show you this video I made a couple months ago." Jaiden pulled out her Mac. She pulled up her YouTube channel. She clicked on a video titled "Why I Don't Have a Face Reveal." Her and Andrew sat down. Jaiden played the video. Andrew watched intently. "If you don't mind, I think I'll go... feed Ari or something. It's hard for me to watch this over again." Andrew nodded, his eyes on the screen. For the next almost 15 minutes, Jaiden snuck around the house, occasionally glancing at Andrew to see his reaction. She saw a small tear leap over his eyelashes, and he glanced at Jaiden, but she ducked away. He had to watch the whole thing first. Jaiden was at the fridge when Andrew finished the video. He came straight over to Jaiden. He hugged her, and didn't let go. They stayed like that for a while, and when they broke apart, both were glassy-eyed. "It's just so hard sometimes, you know?" she hiccuped, "It sometimes just seems like you're the only person who might understand." "Well, I did go to school for psychology, so maybe that's why," Andrew joked half-heartedly. "Really? Please cure me then," she said, returning the joke. "Sorry, but I don't think I can do much there," Andrew said, "Jaiden, I'm so sorry. A beautiful human being like you didn't deserve to go through this. And is you ever need my help, just call Andrew the Psychologist. I love you so much," She smiled. "I love you too, Andrew." It felt good to get the weight off her chest. Andrew kissed her softly and they went and sat down at the couch. She explained everything again to Andrew while he listened intently. "Oh, Jaiden. I'm so sorry you had to go through that." Jaiden smiled. "Well, at least I'm here now and I got through it. I'm still here!"