Chapter 20

The next day, Jaiden and Andrew went over to Shane's house. Shane and Ryland were on the plane home from Mexico. "They should be back in about an hour," said Garrett. "Ok," Jaiden relied. About an hour later, just as Garrett had predicted, Shane and Ryland came home. Right as Shane opened the door, Thor came running up to him and smothered Shane in kisses. "Who's dog is this?" asked Ryland. Jaiden came walking slowly from the back holding Cheeto. "Me and Andrew adopted Thor a couple days ago! Isn't he adorable?" she said. Shane smiled and replied, "Yeah! He's so cute!" Ryland had a confused look on his face. "I thought I was cute! YOU'RE CHEATING, SHANE!" He started laughing. Andrew pulled into Shane's driveway. Neither him nor Jaiden got out, however. For a couple minutes, they sat and just looked into each other's eyes. Jaiden reached over and draped her arms around Andrew's neck. Andrew pressed his lips against Jaiden's. During the kiss, Jaiden heard the door of the house open, but she didn't care. Whoever it was didn't bother them, so it didn't matter anyway. After a good amount of time, they broke apart. "Should we go in?" the sensible Andrew asked. Both breathed simultaneously. "Yes, please." They walked calmly inside, where they were greeted with a warm welcome and a warm meal. During dessert, however, Shane surprised them all with some interesting news. Shane cleared his throat. Shane and Ryland glanced at each other and smiled. "Well... you guys are well aware we're married now..." Shane said awkwardly, "And we want to start a new life together...so we decided... the next step..." Shane took a deep breath and smiled. "... the next step... is... is... a child." Everyone in the room froze mid-bite. Then, all of a sudden, everyone's faces had the biggest smiles. Then there was laughing, crying, hugging, and some drinks, but the night ended wonderfully. Jaiden and Andrew went home after a night of drinks and food. As they got in the car, Andrew noticed that Jaiden had a worried look on her face. ¨Babe, whatś wrong?" Andrew asked. "Nothing. Why do you ask?" Andrew shook his head. "You look worried." Jaiden smiled. "I'm fine. How about we get some food?" Andrew laughed. It was 10:00 o'clock at night, but he was hungry, too. They drove to Taco Bell, then drove home. They ate and occasionally fed Thor some food, too. Then, the couple decided to get ready for bed. Jaiden fell asleep before her head even hit the pillow.