the cat and the rabbit

Inko stayed in the hospital for another week before she was finally released. Their house wasn't as… happy as she once associated it with. I was dark, and a reminder of that night. She  did her best to ignore the sick, twisting feeling in her gut. She wanted to give Izuku the good night he deserved. And while inko knew he didn't care, she did.

What surprised them both was how fast the news spread. Or the fact that it even spread at all. Apparently, those two men were extremely wanted. Blaze and Ein, they'd been on the run for over 10 years. It was almost surreal. 

Inko opened the door to her home. The overwhelming smell of blood and mildew hit her, causing her to gag violently. "I-izuku sweetie, can you go to your room for a bit?" He nodded before dashing off to his room. Into sighed softly, taking in her mangled house. Blood stained her once white kitchen floor, a rustic brown color, while broken plates and cups littered the open space.

Holding her hand out, a broom floated over to her. Without another moment, inko quickly set to work. She scrubbed and swept until it was almost impossible to even tell something was amiss. The only thing that refused to go away was the blood. No matter how hard she scrubbed, it was still faintly there.

"I'll just get a rug.." She murmured, putting away the cleaning supplies. Walking past izuku's room, inko heard him playing. Smiling gently, she entered her room, collapsing in bed. 

-0-

Inko sat up, tiredly rubbing her eyes. Looking over, she saw she'd been asleep for an hour. 'Guess we won't be going out today.' She through, pushing herself out of bed. She peeked into izuku's room, finding him sleeping soundly in his bed. With a gentle smile, into continued walking. 

'Now, what to eat' Inko tapped her bottom lip as she moved to the kitchen. She didn't really want to cook, so it seemed like take-out was her only option. 

Inko picked up her phone, getting ready to call the people when she suddenly got a call. Perfect timing. 

"Hello, this is Mr.Midoriya speaking," she said, leaning back against the wall. 

"Hello! This is Mr.Komi! I'm calling in regards to Izuku"

"Oh? What about him?" Inko asked worriedly. 

"It's about his quirk. I've found something concerning." He said, followed by the sounds of shuffling papers.

"And what's so concerning?" Inko sat down on the couch.

"Well, his quirk is actually extremely rare. It's called Divine. Only one person every generation has even gotten it. It takes a lot of training to control. The source of his quirk is the Irene relic. If the wrong person found out he was the current holder of divine, they'd hunt him down and kill him. As the only other way to get the relic is to manually take it out." 

"W-what? What are we supposed to do then?" She exclaimed. Relic? How was that even possible? Quirks were a genetic thing, not something you can just give and take.

"Well, for one I suggests keeping his quirk a secret. At least until he's old enough to protect himself. I can set up some lessons with our team so he can get control over his quirk" Mr.Komi said. Inko sat there for a moment, trying to understand everything.

"Okay! That sounds fine. We'll be down there, say Tuesday at 9?" Inko said smoothly. She got an affirming noise from the other end. She sighed softly as she ending the call.

-0-

Izuku gripped the side of the wall, half of his face exposed as he listened to his mother. Who was she talking to? Why was she talking about him? Did he do something wrong? She looked worried and sad. "Okay! That sounds fine. We'll be down there, say Tuesday at 9?"