Chapter 8

Seven o'clock rolled around and the Burrow was stirring with laughter and conversation. Having the family under one roof–plus Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, and Harry–was a chaotic but happy time.

Mrs. Weasley was running around making sure that food was ready and that there was enough room for everyone to eat at the table. Ginny and Fleur were helping with what they could while everyone else spent time discussing matters at Hogwarts in the living room.

A knock at the door brought Fred and George to their feet.

"We'll get it!" they announced.

Racing each other to the door, George reached it first, swinging it wide open to reveal the three Caxton siblings, each with a pie in hand.

"Hi!" Michael greeted first. George could tell Clara had made him put on something nice for the occasion. Under his coat, he was wearing a collared shirt which looked like it had been tucked in several times already, sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He had dress pants on and his hair was combed, unlike the previous day when it had been a wild mess.

"Hey, Mikey. Glad you could make it." George stepped aside to let the youngest Caxton in, then shaking hands with Roman. "Nice to see you again."

"Likewise." Roman scanned the room to see everyone. He immediately gravitated towards Bill. He talked to the new Weasley brother about dragons and such, also entertaining Arthur and Remus.

Last to walk in the door was Clara. She was wearing a red dress and her hair was pulled up in a ponytail, curls framing her face. She also had a bag in hand that had several wrapped gifts inside, no doubt for the Weasleys.

"Happy Christmas!" she greeted, giving George a hug and handing him the bag. "Thanks so much again for inviting us."

"No problem, we're glad to have you. Fred went with Michael into the kitchen I think. Mum's in there and I'm sure she'll be happy that she doesn't have to worry about dessert."

Clara laughed as she made her way into the kitchen. Fred had laid out a paper on the table for Michael that they were both drawing on.

"And what trouble are you two cooking up already?"

"New product. George and I wanted to run it by the person who suggested it before we started to make a go at it," Fred answered, his gaze not leaving Michael's sketches and notes.

Clara chuckled as she set the pie down next to Michael's on the counter. She walked over to Molly and gave her a large hug.

"So good to see you dear," Molly greeted. "Oh, and this is my daughter, Ginny, and Bill's fiancé, Fleur."

Clara hugged each of them after their introductions, then the four of them proceeded to set the table for the night's feast.

She eventually had to shoo Fred and Michael off of the table so that they could set it. For the first time since she had gotten there, Fred looked at her.

He couldn't help but let his mouth drop open slightly when he saw her. It was the first time he had ever seen Clara wear something so form fitting, the dress hanging off of her curves in just the right ways. Her face was smooth and accented with just enough of a smoke near her eyes and red on her lips. He always appreciated that she never needed any blush to liven her face because she always had a natural hue to her cheeks.

"Fred?" Michael asked after he noticed that he wasn't listening any longer. "Fre-e-ed?"

Clara laughed. "Someone's talking to you, Mr. Weasley."

He immediately snapped out of his trance and faced Michael. "Sorry, Mikey. Let's go to the parlor and finish this up before dinner."

+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+.+