Chapter 17

Roman rushed to Clara's side, watching as Molly tried to pin point how extensive her injury was. She had pulled away the parts of Clara's dress that had been pushed into the wound, Clara moaning in pain as the fabric was separated from her flesh.

Clara was convulsing, everywhere from her shoulders up to her face splattered with blood as she looked in a panic from person to person.

George pulled Fred back against Fred's wishes, Fred's hands already covered in blood from helping his mum.

"Bloody hell, let me help her!" he shouted out in frustration, pushing against George.

"It's no use if you don't know what you're doing!" George argued, holding back Fred as best he could.

"Accio dittany," Roman directed at the house with his wand. A bottle came shooting out from his bag, through the front door, and straight to his hand. He tugged at the cork in the top with his teeth as he placed his thumb over the opening. "This is going to hurt, Clara," he muttered as he started to sprinkle the potion over his sister's wound.

She had nearly lost a good section of her torso, a long gash spreading across her stomach and part of her chest. As the dittany came into contact with her wound, she cried out in pain. The noise sent chills down Roman's spine which made it harder to continue.

"Just a little more, Clara. Just a little more, sweetheart," Molly comforted as she stroked Clara's hair and face. She looked at Roman reassuringly when she saw his hesitation.

Roman continued to pour, Clara's screams growing louder as the wound began to seal itself. He saw that Fred has stopped pushing against George to get to his sister, tears now falling from both twins' eyes as they watched helplessly from the sidelines.

She couldn't focus on anything that was going on around her. The fire that burned through her torso was so distracting that she couldn't settle herself. She tried to focus on the feeling of comfort that came from the person who was stroking her face, but even that was hard to reach for. The constant pain that shot through her body was the worst thing she had ever felt in her life.

"Arthur, take the boys and find something to put her on. We need to get her upstairs," Molly instructed as Clara's cries started to fade into whimpers.

George pulled Fred's arm with him as they followed their dad. They were able to find a large wooden board at the back of the house that was stable enough to put Clara on.

When they arrived with it, Fred knelt near Clara's feet, George near her head, and Roman at the middle. They counted off and moved her onto the board with minimal grunts of protest, and soon the twins were carrying Clara inside and into the room Ginny, Hermione, and Clara had been using.

As they walked past the various rooms in the hall, Roman looked into one to see Ginny wrapping Michael's arm.

The sight of the blood on Roman's shirt, hands, and arms made Michael's heart drop immediately to his stomach.

"Where is she?" he asked, walking away from Ginny.

Roman's eyebrows furrowed as he leaned against the doorway to block his brother from leaving.

"What happened to her?" Michael asked with more force.

"Ginny!" Molly called from down the hall.

Ginny looked at Roman apologetically as she pushed past him to get to her mother.

"No, no. I want all of you boys out of here!" Roman heard Molly shout.

Looking at his brother once more, Roman walked down to where Molly was pushing George and Fred out of the room. When he tried to go in, he too was being forced out.