Chapter 22

"Word on the street is that there are more and more witches and wizards taking care of their muggle neighbors, isn't that right Rapier?"

"Right you are, River. Which is terrific considering that muggles are being affected by all that's been happening since You-Know-Who's return. To all you listening, take some time to send some protective charms your muggle neighbor's or friend's way. You could save their life."

"Alright, well that ends another episode of Potterwatch. We'll try to broadcast as soon as we can, but until then, the next password will be Prongs."

"Good night and good luck."

Arthur turned off the radio and sat in his chair, staring off into space.

Molly and Clara sat on the couch next to him. Molly was knitting another sweater while Clara played with the necklace Fred had given her. It had been months since everyone had left the Burrow, the Order feeling the strain of not being able to help Harry, Ron, and Hermione weigh down on them more and more. Arthur had continued to go to the Ministry for work as needed, mentioning that there had been an incident where Harry had been spotted a few months back, while Molly and Clara tended to things at home.

It was a good time for them to bond and lean on each other while their loved ones were carrying out their respective responsibilities. Needless to say, though, that no matter how much they tried to keep each other in high spirits things were getting gloomier by the day. With the list of witches and wizards that the twins would read over the airwaves every broadcast, Molly, Arthur, and Clara prayed they wouldn't hear any familiar names.

The broadcast was a success so far. Lee's codename was "River" and Fred's was "Rapier". They occasionally had guests on the show like Kingsley or Remus. It was a great source of information considering the fact that the Ministry wasn't as reliable as it used to be. Lee and the twins gave the wizarding community the truth they needed to hear as well as ways to protect themselves and those around them. Fred had mentioned on multiple broadcasts that now wasn't a time to be divided by blood or magical ability, but a time to unite and defeat this monstrosity that was plaguing everyone's lives.

Clara always felt proud when she'd hear Fred talk like that. It showed how brave and amazing he really was, and she admired that so much. The only thing she wished she could change was not being able to see him. It had been such a long time, and only once while he and George had been gone had he sent his patronus. It uttered only six words: "I miss you. I love you."

She couldn't blame him, though. With the kind of work that they were doing, it was only natural to have to keep moving, keep aware of what was going on, and keep themselves safe. Sending patronuses may not be the safest thing to do, but at least she knew that they were still okay.

Roman hadn't gotten in touch with her for quite some time either. He had sent two patronuses to keep her abreast on the changes that were taking place, the second one sounding much worse than the first. He and Charlie had sent one together for her and the Weasleys to hear. It sounded like the dragons were doing okay and that things were under control, but in the second one Roman sounded almost in a panic. He and Charlie were on the run after releasing many of the dragons back into places they knew the Death Eaters wouldn't dare venture. Because of that, though, they were being hunted.

Again, their lack of sending a message was a method to keep safe, and Clara understood that.

It didn't make her worry any less.

Michael was another one that Clara worried about almost constantly. She had received no letter, no patronus, no message of any kind to tell her what life within the Hogwarts walls had become. Ginny hadn't sent anything to Molly or Arthur either, setting the whole house further on edge with each passing day.