Prologue: Home Sweet Home

I don't need your praise. I need you to return me to my home.

I'll do so, as promised, dearie. But, firstly, we have an important stop to make...and I'm gonna need your special little wand to get us there.

Missy kept her word. Draco casted a spell to her vortex manipulator device, sending himself and Missy across all space and time to the Time Lord planet of Gallifrey. They brought along their "prize" – the unconscious body of Zoe Curtsinger, a girl about Draco's age who was the teenaged counterpart of Neas, the Gladiator of Gallifrey.

It was all a bizarre circumstance to Draco, which was saying a lot from the life that he left behind the day Hogwarts fell to that "Dalek," as Maureen called it. Of course, it was her fault that it happened. She lied about who she was – and who she was turned out to be Neas herself.

There was only one home left for Draco now: Malfoy Manor.

            He was certain his mother and father caught word about Hogwarts' destruction and presumed he perished in the incident

He was certain his mother and father caught word about Hogwarts' destruction and presumed he perished in the incident. How thankful they'll be to discover that wasn't the case!

They materialized on the property, following their drop-off in Gallifrey. Draco would never forget the chills he got around Rassilon, the founder of the Time Lord civilization on Gallifrey. Missy was just as uneasy around him, perhaps for personal reasons or another. They only had to give him Zoe and the Regen-8 formula Missy perfected, and they were on their way.

Although the Malfoy Manor property looked as it always did, something about the atmosphere felt off to Draco. "It's humid," he noticed, tugging at his shirt collar. "It's never felt humid 'round here."

"Do you wanna keep complainin' or do you wanna ring the doorbell?"

            Draco didn't appreciate her pushy tone, yet he did actually want to ring the door

The first face that he saw as it opened was that of his mother, Narcissa. Frozen in a state of shock that she fought herself out of, she embraced her son in overwhelming relief. "My boy," she whispered. "You're alive!"