I Will Protect You

I can't lose it. I will not allow myself be that weak. I look in the mirror and am startled to see the the tears sliding down my cheek.

"Malfoy?" That voice. No one can see me like this, especially him!

I turned to him, my wand out, and try to stop the tears. He stared at me, his own wand out, but he didn't seem sure that he wanted to use it.

"Malfoy, what's wrong?" he asked silently. Don't cry, hold it together. I looked into his concerned green eyes and I couldn't stay strong anymore. I had been strong for too long, I guess. I broke down, sinking to my knees and tears streaming down my face.

He ran over to me and pulled me into his arms. I sobbed into his chest and he rubbed comforting circles into my back.

"Sh, it's okay. Everything is going to be fine," he whispered. I opened my mouth to argue but nothing came out but a mangled sob so I just shook my head.

Harry's POV

I had never seen a human so broken as Malfoy was in that moment. I held him on my lap and my arms were wrapped tightly around him. He held onto me tightly, as if he were afraid that I might disappear, and I felt this surge of protectiveness rise in me. I couldn't let this happen again to him and I wouldn't allow it.

For the next Half an hour? hour? I don't know how long it was, but I knew that, in those moments, I had seen why Malfoy was so cruel. He was just hurting and desired to not be the only one.

"Harry," he finally croaked, his voice hoarse from crying. He adjusted himself so that he could look into my eyes. "Why?"

I didn't know what he was talking about at first but then I couldn't help but smile.

"I don't know, Draco," I answered. It was true. I had no idea why I was here or why I was helping him. "All I know is that I want to protect you from whatever it is that made you feel like..." I paused, searching for the word. "Like this."

He shook his head and looked away.

"You can't protect me from it," he whispered. I chuckled and tilted his chin up so he was looking at me.

"Let me rephrase that," I told him. "I will protect you. Even if you don't want me to."

He stared at me in disbelief and a small smile appeared on his face. I smiled back and pressed a small kiss to his forehead. He laid his head back on my chest and I smiled. 

*♥*

This one was requested so I honestly hope that I lived up to their expectations!

Farewell!
                                                                          -Tiger♥