My Father Will Hear About This

"Father?" I looked up to see Draco standing in the doorway of my study and frowned. When did he grow up? He was about seventeen now and he was worn from the war we had lost. We didn't end up in Azkaban and I know that Potter had something to do with it. There was no love or respect Draco's eyes when he looked at me. Only fear.

"What is it, Draco?" I sighed, suddenly very annoyed with his interruption. I had been working on important papers that needed to be finished in two days and I had barely started.

"I have something I must tell you," he stated firmly. I sighed and turned away from him.

"Can it wait till morning? I am terrible busy," I frowned.

"I am afraid not, sir," he stated. His voice was shaking. Why was it shaking? I looked up at him and rose an eyebrow. His eyes revealed that he was having an inner battle and the fear deepened. I gestured at one if the chairs in front of my desk and he shook his head. "I would rather stand, if that was alright."

I put the quill that was in my hand down and leaned back in my chair. It was obviously very important to him and I could feel my curiosity rising.

"Very well," I nodded. "What is it?"

"Father, I'm..." he paused and gulped. "I'm...I'm...I'm gay."

I stood up, anger rushing through me. I wasn't angry at him. I was angry at myself and at my father. It confused me, which only heightened my anger.

"You are not," I bellowed, making him wince as if I had physically strike him. "This is all just something in your head. A spell that someone has put on you. A curse. A potion. You are a MALFOY! You will act as such. You are not gay! I forbid you to be!"

"Father..." he began, visibly holding back tears. I felt my eyes prick with tears and I ignored it.

"That is enough, Draco. You are not and will never be!" I yelled. "Get out of my sight and go to your room until I send for you!"

He nodded obediently and walked away, his shoulders slumped in defeat and tears in his eyes. My heart aches but I couldn't figure out why in earth it did. I felt something on my cheek and reached my hand up to brush it away. I pulled my hand away and stared at dampness on my fingertips. I hadn't cried since... When was the last time I cried? Then it all came down on me. Why my heart ached, the confusion whenever I was in the same room as Severus, why I didn't love Narcissa as anything more than a sister, and most certainly why I had used the words I did on my son, who had come to me in trust.

My past. I remember it all now so clearly, as if a fog had lifted from my brain. I can't believe that I had suppressed it all for so long.

"Father, I have something I must tell you," I stated clearly. He didn't even look at me as he continued to work.

"You can tell me in the morning, Lucius. I am much to busy right now," he frowned, irritation evident in his strained voice.

"It can't wait," I said firmly. He finally looked at me and a frowned creased his lips.

"Very well, what is it?" he sighed.

"I'm gay."

"I don't believe I heard you," he frowned, his eyes narrowing menacingly.

He was giving me a chance to change what I said and I knew it. I had spoken clearly and loudly enough for anyone close to me to believe that I was upset.

"Lucius," he sighed, like he was talking to a small child and not his sixteen year old son. "You can't possibly believe that it is socially acceptable for you to be a faggot,(AN: God! I hate that word!) do you? Of course you don't believe that! You are a smart boy and a MALFOY!"

I cringed as his voice got higher.

"YOU ARE NOT AND NEVER WILL BE, YOU UNDERSTAND? THIS IS MERELY A SPELL OR A CURSE! A POTION EVEN!" he ranted. "All I know is that you are not gay. You understand, boy?"

He tried several times after that to beat it out of me. Eventually, I grew up and hid my feelings my marrying Narcissa and having Draco. I sighed in frustration and gripped the bridge of my nose. I had to talk to him and let him know that I love and accept him. I can't let him hate me like I hate my father. I walked up the stairs to his room and knocked on his door.

"Draco?" I called softly. He opened the door, trying to hide his red eyes, and I did something I hadn't done it a long time. I pulled him into a hug. He stiffened and I let him go quickly.

"Draco," I sighed. "I didn't mean to react that way. It was foolish of me to try an think that it is your fault."

"It's okay, father," he said in an emotionless voice. "Really."

"It isn't," I argued. We sat on his bed and I couldn't look at him. "Draco, the reason I reacted that way was because your grandfather had reacted that way."

"You?" he asked. I nodded somberly and he hugged me tightly, burying his face in my chest. I wrapped my arms around him and felt by heart clench again as I realized something horrible. I had always vowed that I would never be my father. Now I realize that I have.

"I love you so much, Draco," I whispered.

"I love you, too," he smiled. I realized that the last time I saw him genuinely smile was when he was eight. Nearly ten years ago. That had been the last time I hugged him like this as well.

"Now, I have a very serious question for you," I stated.

"What is it?" he asked apprehensively.

"Who is the lucky boy that you fancy?" I smirked. He blushed and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"I don't think that you will like him," he muttered.

"Tell me," I pleaded.

"Promise not to get upset?" he asked. I sighed exasperatedly and nodded. He took a deep breathe. "Harry Potter."

He closed his eyes and turned away, waiting for me to hit him, but I just smirked. I began to chuckle and he looked at me with a bewildered look on his face.

"He is a good person, Draco," I smiled. "He is very committed to whatever he believes need to be done. And I half expected it with all that you talk about him."

His blushed deepened.

"We have actually been dating for a few months now," he muttered. I stared at him in shock.

"Is that why you felt the need to tell me?" I asked and he nodded sullenly. "That explains why I'm not rotting in Azkaban at this moment."

"I asked him to spare you," he mumbled. I thought for a second and looked at my son.

"Why don't you invite him to dinner tomorrow?" I asked. His eyes widened in shock and I laughed. "I promise not to hurt him."

"Um, okay," he smiled widely. He walked out to owl Potter and I chuckled to myself.

The next day, he arrived at exactly the right time and Draco let him in. He seemed a bit apprehensive but I couldn't blame him. I sent Draco to help his mother then turned to Potter.

"Let me get right to the point, Potter," I spat and he looked absolutely terrified. "I don't particularly like you but I love Draco. If you hurt him, I am going to be sent to Azkaban. Understood?"

"Believe me, sir," he smiled warmly. "If I hurt Draco, I belong in a loony bin."

*♥*

I know that it is out of character for Lucius but I really wanted to do something where he accepted Draco. The only way that woule make sense is to make him have gone through the same thing. Oh, and I added a bit of Snape and Lucius thing in there if you didn't notice.

Goodbye!
                                                                          -Tiger♥