Chapter Fifteen

What now? A DAUGHTER?

"Sorry, what?" I pretended not to have heard her.

"I'm your boyfriend's 22 year old daughter." She crossed her arms together.

I have seen his ex-wife in some pictures from the internet but I didn't know they had a daughter?! Not to mention my age.

"He's not my-"

"Save it honey. I don't need your explanation. I hope you're getting a lot from my filthy rich father. Enjoy it while it lasts." She said as she wore her sun glasses and drove off.

I couldn't breathe.

Why haven't he told me this yet? I'm sure he's gonna tell me somehow. But why hide it from me after all this time? He told me about his wife but didn't mention a thing about her daughter.

I tried not to think about it that much.

Mads left me over 23 messages.

Maybe he noticed that I wasn't replying back because I always do.

"Your daughter went to see me in school today..." I typed in.

".....she's very pretty like her mother." I tried teasing him despite of my anger towards him.

From: Mads
What? I'm coming over.

Great. I still have yet to study a whole chapter and argue with my "boyfriend" (according to his daughter) for tonight.

This is going to be interesting.

I heard a knock from the door.

I got up and opened it.

"Hey."

He sounded tired and sleepy.

"Don't pull that cute face off right now, Mads. I'm really angry at you." I pouted my lips.

"Really?..."

He placed his hands around me, hugging me from behind, slowly planting kisses on my neck.

"....how angry?"

I was getting a bit turned on. I broke off our short embrace.

"Stop it, Mads. I'm serious. Can you please take this seriously?" I said.

"I am. I just don't want to get in a fight with you because I'm drained from working. Let's just sit down and talk about this, okay, baby doll?"

I let him sit, I fixed us both coffee and placed an ash tray on the center of the table in the balcony.

"Now, talk." I blow on my hot coffee.

"First of all, I'm sorry. I apologize for not having told you that I have a daughter. I didn't because I honestly don't think that you need to be burdened by her actions right now...."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"She tends to be a brat most of the time. Always getting what she wants. And part of that, she constantly pushes me and her mother to be back together again." He explained as he takes a small sip of his coffee.

She must have been in a lot of pain. I thought to myself.

"Oh..." Was the only thing I could say.

"Tilda, my ex-wife, and I, had an agreement already. We are even friends now. Natalia seems to be the only one who's having a hard time processing and accepting that her mother and I are not for each other."

"Well, I don't blame her, Mads, I can imagine her pain."

He placed his hands on top of mine, slowly gripping on to it.

"I know. But I just don't want you to be in this problem so I kept you away from it, from telling you right away that I have a daughter."

"She seemed nice." I said, I saw him give me that questioning look.

"I'm her father, I can imagine how she was to you earlier today..."

"....she told you that you were just using me for my money right? And probably raised an eyebrow at you."

I gave him a nod and a smile.

"How did she find out anyways?" I suddenly remembered to ask.

"I don't know. Newspapers, maybe?" He said.

"Maybe that one time when I saw this photographer secretly taking pictures of us." I said.

"Maybe."

He got up and sat beside me.

"I love you. I promise not to hide anything from you, ever again." He said resting his head on top of mine.

I faced him and I gave him a passionate but sweet kiss ending in a smile.

He gave me a tight embrace then whispered something in my ear.

"Can I stay the night?"

I was studying in my bed while he seemed to have fallen asleep while trying to help me with my paper.
I got up and removed his pants to replace them with my biggest pajamas which fortunately fits him. He looks more beautiful when he's sleeping. Such a fine creation. So pure.

After I finished the assigned chapter for me to read. I washed my face and brushed my teeth and after, I finally slid into bed with my Mads.

Before I turned the lights off, I took a few minutes to appreciate him.

"I love you. You don't know how happy I am right now. I decided to give you everything that I have because I know that you're worth it. Maybe you'll leave me in the future for valid reasons, I won't get bitter, instead, I will be happy that I became a part of your life and you allowed me to enter your wonderful world and let me explore how incredible you are. Thank you for being here for me at the right place and at the right time. Good night, my hero." I whispered this words to him while watching him sleep.

As I closed my eyes, I kept a big smile on my face.