Chapter Seventeen

I woke up and I cleared my eyes by rubbing my fingers. As the image got clearer, I saw lights, everything in white.

MY GOD AM I IN A HOSPITAL?

I saw Mads with his head placed on the edge of my bed, holding my hand as he continues to sleep.

What happened to me anyways? I don't remember anything. I just remembered getting into a cab and be crushed by another car.

My head hurts, but not so much. Maybe nothing serious.

Mads' head was moving, must've woken him up by moving so carelessly.

"Hey, how are you? Are you okay now? Jesus. You scared me." He said as he gripped onto my hands.

"Sil vous plait?! Doctor!!" Screamed Mads.

"Bonjour, Mademoiselle, we see that you are awake now. You had a minor injury on the right side of your head, nothing serious just a minor cut which required a few stitches. No part of the brain was damaged." The doctor said, he sounded Australian.

"Oh thank God. When can she be released?" Mads asked the young doctor, obviously in relief.

"Tomorrow perhaps. But she needs to rest for a few more days at home." He reminded.

Mads shook his hand in agreement and the doctor bid adieu.

"When I heard your phone got cut off, I hurried out of the set and called every single hospital in Paris to know where you were. I almost died thinking about loosing you." He said.

"You won't.." I said as he gave me a kiss on the forehead.

••••••••

Mads took a week off from filming because he felt the need to take care of me although I objected because he might loose the film and I can't let that happen.

"I can get out tomorrow, you can go back to work." I said as I turned my body towards him.

"You know I can't do that to you. I can't leave you like this and expect me to focus on my work knowing that you're alone." He said while he held my hands.

"And you know that I don't want to sabotage your career. Really, I'm fine. I can walk and take care of myself." I explained to him and I honestly don't want him to take a week off from work.

"You seriously don't know me, do you? Whether you like it or not. I'm gonna take care of you."

••••••

I sat beside him in the couch where he fell asleep.

Just looking at him made me feel a lot better than I already am. Not just because he is so damn looking, but also because I can see his care and willingness to be with me.

"What are you doing? You're supposed to be resting." He said as I obviously woke him up.

"Oops. Sorry. I can't sleep. And come on, I had a minor injury. I'm not in a coma."

"Are you watching me sleep?" He asked while fixing my messy hair.

"Yes, why? I have the right to do that since you're sleeping on my couch and your my bo..." I realized we haven't talked about it yet.

"I'm your what?"

"Nothing." I held back.

"Come on. Say it." He teased.

"I will not. I'm embarrassed!" I admitted.

"But why would you be? You're my girl friend. See? It's as easy as that. Now you try it." He said.

"You're my....boy friend." I said slowly.

He gave me a huge smile and offered me a hug.

"See? I love you and I don't really mind if you call me your boy friend, friend, boy toy, lover, buddy or whatever, as long as we both know that we love each other, that's all that I need. It's enough for me. It's more than enough."

-------------

OMG! I have classes again. Bear with me guys if I don't update like the usual.

I promise to try and update as soon as possible.

Much Love,
The Author.

PS: I'm re-watching Hannibal S1 and S2 for the FOURTH time! Jeez.