Chapter Thirty Four

"What?" I said.

"You heard me. Propose to him. I mean, it's not really that strange isn't it?" She explained.

"How would I do that?" I asked.

"However you like."

"What if he says 'no'?" I asked.

"Sarah, I don't think he will." She said as she smiled and walked out of my room.

"I'll let myself out. I'll see you soon and do it." And she fully disappeared.

•••••••••

Should I do it? I mean, I can and I want to. I just don't picture myself getting down on one knee and proposing to him. I should... I will...

I thought about how I'm gonna do it. Over dinner? Too cliche. It's really hard to think about a new way of proposing. I get it now why men are so nervous when they propose.

Mom knocked on the door.

"Honey, who was that?" She asked.

"That's Caroline. She was Mads' girlfriend before me. That's their son she was holding." I said right away.

"Are you serious?!!!!!!!"

"I am. We're not engaged anymore basically because I didn't understand that he didn't knew that he had a child with her. She just came up to our door and told us that Mads got her pregnant before they broke up. So, I got mad and gave him back his engagement ring and went back here. That's why Mads isn't here." I explained.

Mom didn't answer right away. She seemed like she needed a few more seconds to digest everything that I said.

"I don't know what to say. Seriously. But, just remember that whatever happens, I'll just be here." She said.

"Thank you, Mom." I said and I hugged her tight feeling tears falling down my cheeks.

•••••••

I talked to my Dad about Mads. He was really angry at first. But he realized that he didn't do anything wrong. He said it happens to people all the time, the unexpected pregnancy.

I told him that we weren't engaged anymore, he said that it might be for the best.

"But I still want to be engaged with him, Dad. I love him." I said to him.

"Why did you give him back his ring then?" He asked.

"Because I wasn't thinking straight and I was mad at him." I explained.

"Then, you're not mad at him anymore? And you're thinking straight now, I suppose?" He asked.

I gave him a nod.

"Then, you should talk to him. Not to apologize because you didn't do anything wrong. Just tell him how you feel. You know, I think Mads is a great guy. I think he's worth it." He said.

It's different when Dad's the one speaking. He's a good man, my Dad. He knows what's best for me.

"Thank you, Dad."

••••••••

I called Mads, he wasn't answering his phone. Perhaps he's busy with his shit. I decided to give him more time.

A few weeks have passed, only a month left before vacation ends, I still haven't talked to Mads. I don't know why, I leave him messages every week but he hasn't returned any message.

What's he been up to? I haven't seen him in the paper recently. Perhaps he's busy attending meetings and shit. I decided to bury myself into reading books.

On a fine saturday morning, my phone rang...

"Hello?" I said. Caller ID said it was Unknown.

"Hi." The man said.

"Uh, who is this?" I asked curiously.

"It's Lars, Mads' brother."

•••••••

I'm sooooo busy guys!!!!

Any favorite director?
Mine's MARTIN SCORSESE!!!!

Who's yours? :)