Chapter 2

" When are you going to tell Hal?" Hermione was sitting on Alice's bed, watching Alice pace around her room, head in her hands. Alice stopped when she said this and she looked at Hermione guiltily.

" I... don't know if it's his."

Hermione's mouth dropped open in shock.

" You cheated on your boyfriend? With who?" Hermione stared at her best friend until she answered her own question.

" FP. Really Al?"

Alice sat down beside her.

" It just sort of happened."

" When? Where?"

" At the Wyrm. I'd had a fight with Hal and FP convinced me to go to the bar to... let loose. We both had a bit too much to drink and ended up... you know... in the bathroom."

Hermione shook her head in shame.

" God Alice you disappointment. How long ago was that?"

" A month, I think."

" And how long has it been since you had sex with Hal?"

Alice shrugged and let out a sigh.

" I don't know. We've been on bad terms recently."

" And now you're going to make things worse by telling him you cheated on him with your ex- boyfriend, and got pregnant in the process."

" Jesus, putting it like that makes me sound awful."

Hermione rolled her eyes.

" Al, now you just need to figure out what you're going to do. Are you going to keep it?"

" I can't get rid of it. I'll feel so so guilty."

"Alice." Hermione looked at the girl sitting beside her, " I know it's entirely your choice about what to do, but are you seriously considering keeping this child? You're 17 years old. And you don't even know who the father is."

Alice glanced down at the floor, her shoulders drooping.

" I haven't slept with Hal since before I slept with FP. I'm three weeks pregnant."

" So it's FP's."

Alice nodded.

" What am I going to say to Hal?"

" You have to tell him the truth. And you have to tell FP. It's his child after all."

" I have to tell my parents as well. They're not going to take it very well."

Hermione looked at Alice's distraught face and put her arms round her.

" Everything's going to be okay babe. I promise you."